The Student Room Group

2 Speeding tickets in the same month

Hi, i received 2 speeding letters from 2 different times (within same month), 1 for 36mph in 30 zone and other for doing 81mph in 70 zone. i have signed both letters and returned. doesn't anyone knows what's next will happen to me??? so scared! no previous convictions or offences, got license for 4 years
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sidra malik
Hi, i received 2 speeding letters from 2 different times (within same month), 1 for 36mph in 30 zone and other for doing 81mph in 70 zone. i have signed both letters and returned. doesn't anyone knows what's next will happen to me??? so scared! no previous convictions or offences, got license for 4 years

Dunno, will have to wait and see. My bet is you get 6 points and 2 fines based on income. You may be lucky and get a SAC for one of them.

Learn your lesson.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2

Enjoy the points, the fines, and the increased insurance costs.

Only an idiot doesn't slow down for a speed camera.
Reply 3
OMG- so worried it was a new area and didn't realised it. so upset now my insurance due next month-
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Enjoy the points, the fines, and the increased insurance costs.

Only an idiot doesn't slow down for a speed camera.

You don't need to slow down if you don't speed in the first place.
Reply 5
Original post by katf
You don't need to slow down if you don't speed in the first place.

Congratulations Captain Obvious.
Reply 6
6 points and maybe an extended fine
Reply 7
Not the end of the world, you could be offered a speed awareness course option at least for one offence which keeps the penalty points down. You'll have to see what affect this has on insurance, perhaps it will not be so severe. Many thing is going forward to stay within the speed limit. Speeding is a mugs game from a safety perspective and risk of fines.
Reply 8
Right so the updates on my traffic offices are as follow. Speed awareness course for doing 81on 70mph and 3 point for 36 on 30mph. Told insurance company about and they said as long as I take SAC option and not 3 more points and stay with them for my insurance next year, will not affect getting 3 point. Knowing I don't get more points or accident which seem fair to me.
Reply 9
Right so the updates on my traffic offices are as follow. Speed awareness course for doing 81on 70mph and 3 point for 36 on 30mph. Told insurance company about and they said as long as I take SAC option and not 3 more points and stay with them for my insurance next year, will not affect getting 3 point. Knowing I don't get more points or accident which seem fair to me.

Wait till you see your renewal.

Cheers for the update.

So you got lucky with the SAC for one of them.

Lesson learnt for yourself I think.
Reply 11
Have you had any speeding ticket in the last 4 years before these 2 tickets? I’m trying to see whether you had a SAC before or was this your first one?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by K96rem
Have you had any speeding ticket in the last 4 years before these 2 tickets? I’m trying to see whether you had a SAC before or was this your first one?

They haven't posted in 4 years I'm afraid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending