The Student Room Group

How many people do you live with?

I live with one other person and I realised this is slightly unusual. When I go visit friends most people seem to be in houses with 4-5 people.

I think I prefer smaller houses, 2-3 people as it's easier to keep clean and communal areas don't get overwhelmed so much.
Reply 1
My first degree in halls we had 7 in our flat, second year we had a 12 bed house 1/10 would not recomend then 3rd year we had a 3 bed house which was lovely! Felt more like a home
Hiya! 🙂

I live with two people this year. A year ago, I lived with one, and two years ago, with nine people 😀

My conclusions after these three years and different experiences are as follows. Everyone is different and has distinct habits and expectations. I agree that the smaller the number of people, the easier it is to get along in these aspects.

My greatest discovery, however, is that no matter how many people I lived with, these small or large differences of opinion and habits would appear anyway. Luckily, it was never such a big deal that I felt dissatisfied with my apartment or environment. I assume there is always a way to get along. In addition, such situations teach group life and cooperation. In today's world, these skills are essential.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology Student
De Montfort University
Reply 3
I live with two other girls, and we're all pretty busy. We used to clean our apartment together, but with university and work, we no longer had time.

That's why we decided to get help from a commercial cleaning. They come once a week and clean everything in an hour. It doesn't cost too much, and it's worth it. Our place stays clean, and we don't have to be tired from cleaning after a long day.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending