The Student Room Group

university

im not motivated to do my assignments or any work at university this will into fail
Original post by Matadd
im not motivated to do my assignments or any work at university this will into fail

Hi @Matadd,

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time managing through university and assignments. Many students feel the same as you at multiple times throughout their time in university. Especially, during this time of year in the colder seasons students are even less motivated to do work due to the lack of sunlight, making them feel like there's less hours in the day. Furthermore, less exposure to natural sunlight reduces our serotonin levels, which is a hormone that regulates our mood. This may be the reason as to why you're feeling this way.

Is there anybody you feel comfortable to confide in? You may find someone amongst your friends who is feeling the same way, making you feel less alone. I suggest you reach out to your universities' mental health and wellbeing department and perhaps seek some help. Sometimes just talking about it with someone will release some weight off your shoulders.

Although the daytime is shorter, you could try write out an achievable, and realistic list of things you wish to do that day. This will give you a routine and some form of structure. It doesn't have to be an elaborate list, with hundreds of tasks. Break them down in smaller chunks, and take it day by day.

On a final note, I hope you're aware that you're not alone in feeling this way. It's a difficult time, and everyone is struggling and fighting their own, or even the same battles. I'm rooting for you!

Take care,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Original post by Matadd

Perhaps the level of debt you're accumulating might make you want to reconsider that and take some action.
Original post by Matadd

Hello,

I'm sorry you're feeling down and unmotivated. Have you checked out your university healthcare and wellbeing services yet? They would be great at helping you work through your lack of motivation. You shouldn't have the feeling that you're going to fail because that will never motivate you to actually write something down or complete a project. Speak to your department as well and I'm sure they'd provide further assistance and/or extensions to any coursework you have due.

Hope this helps,
Dom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending