The Student Room Group

Is £30000 enough for university?

I’ve saved up £30000, is that enough to move out for university?
If you're a domestic student receiving SFE loans and assuming you haven't accidentally hit the zero key an extra time, yes it's more than enough...

If you're an international student paying international fees in the UK that's a very different picture though.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
If you're a domestic student receiving SFE loans and assuming you haven't accidentally hit the zero key an extra time, yes it's more than enough...

If you're an international student paying international fees in the UK that's a very different picture though.

Yes I’m a domestic student. I know it seems like a “duh, of course it’s enough” kinda question since it is a lot of money, but factoring in the cost in living crisis, I wasn’t too sure.
Original post by twotouchkick
Yes I’m a domestic student. I know it seems like a “duh, of course it’s enough” kinda question since it is a lot of money, but factoring in the cost in living crisis, I wasn’t too sure.

If the cost of living crisis was bad enough you needed 30 grand saved up to survive it, I think we'd be seeing rioting in the streets at the least!

That's definitely a lot of money so more than enough for uni purposes (I mean you could potentially use that as a deposit to buy a house!).

Might be worth looking at options for savings accounts, investments and so on to make the most of it if you aren't going the house purchasing route (as if it's just sat in your current account it's probably not doing much there). Obviously though there is risk involved in some of those options so you might want some professional advice on that front too?
Original post by twotouchkick
I’ve saved up £30000, is that enough to move out for university?

Are you going to take out student loans for fees and maintenance?

Quick Reply

Latest