The Student Room Group

Pearson have lost my exam papers

(For context the level go 3,1 then 3,2 and then 4) I have been told that they cant see that i have sat the exam which i sat last year (3,1). I have already completed level 3.2 and now they cant give me a overall grade because of a exam they lost. They cost me my place at my Uni. what should i do
Original post by NikolasGMN
(For context the level go 3,1 then 3,2 and then 4) I have been told that they cant see that i have sat the exam which i sat last year (3,1). I have already completed level 3.2 and now they cant give me a overall grade because of a exam they lost. They cost me my place at my Uni. what should i do

When you refer to levels "3,1" and "3,2" are you referring to the 1st and 2nd year of a level 3 qualification? What qualification is this? Are we talking about a BTEC Extended Diploma? Or AS exams followed by A2 exams? Or something else?

Are you taking this qualification (or these qualifications) privately or via a school/college? If the latter, have you asked them for help/advice?

Do you have any evidence that you sat the exam last year? Presumably you received a grade or a mark or something from them. Have you provided that evidence to Pearson?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
When you refer to levels "3,1" and "3,2" are you referring to the 1st and 2nd year of a level 3 qualification? What qualification is this? Are we talking about a BTEC Extended Diploma? Or AS exams followed by A2 exams? Or something else?

Are you taking this qualification (or these qualifications) privately or via a school/college? If the latter, have you asked them for help/advice?

Do you have any evidence that you sat the exam last year? Presumably you received a grade or a mark or something from them. Have you provided that evidence to Pearson?

Yep 3.1 and 3.2 is 1st and 2nd year. It is a BTEC qualification. I am taking it via college, they said they will have to speak to their managers, but September is coming up and i now have to go to level 4 which will cost me money and if i fail the resit for the lost exam paper i will get kicked out (i presume) they told Pearson that i have failed the exam, but said to me that they cant find it. They told my uni which i wanted to go to, that i have simply failed a exam and they asked if they (uni) will let me in with a not passed exam because they have had problems with their college and asked for uni's to be less harsh. I am so scared, i dont know if i need to find legal help or go to someone.
Original post by NikolasGMN
Yep 3.1 and 3.2 is 1st and 2nd year. It is a BTEC qualification. I am taking it via college, they said they will have to speak to their managers, but September is coming up and i now have to go to level 4 which will cost me money and if i fail the resit for the lost exam paper i will get kicked out (i presume) they told Pearson that i have failed the exam, but said to me that they cant find it. They told my uni which i wanted to go to, that i have simply failed a exam and they asked if they (uni) will let me in with a not passed exam because they have had problems with their college and asked for uni's to be less harsh. I am so scared, i dont know if i need to find legal help or go to someone.

The title of this thread is "Pearson have lost my exam papers". In this post you have said, "... they [your college] told Pearson that i have failed the exam, but said to me that they cant find it."

BTEC units are assessed in one of two ways: internally assessed (coursework, which you college marks) and externally assessed (exams, which Pearson mark). So there's no way your college could tell Pearson you have failed the exam, because it's Pearson who make that decision. All you college would be able to tell Pearson is, "We have no record of this student even sitting the exam."

Cast you mind back to last year. How many externally assessed units did you do (i.e. how many exams) - including the "missing" one? Did you get back marks or grades for any of them? Do you still have that document / results slip / e-mail / whatever it was?

Also, when you sat the exams last year, was their any record taken of your attendance? Did an invigilator take a register of the students in attendance, for example, of did you need to complete a "sign in" sheet, or anything like that? (There is supposed to be an Invigilator Declaration and Attendance Report, which details all candidates present; this is supposed to have returned to Pearson with the candidates' scripts. I'm trying to work out whether there is any evidence - other than the exam paper itself - of you physically being present when this exam was taking place.)

Quick Reply

Latest