The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston Optometry 2023 ~ we’re in💃

Heyyy this group is for students who have now got confirmed places at Aston for Optometry! Just a casual place to chat and ask questions. 😁

Well done dudes

Scroll to see replies

I'm here and ready
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Will you be staying in accommodation?
Original post by Studentwithaname
Will you be staying in accommodation?

Nah I'm living at home and getting bus everyday
hi guys, i wanna do optometry too and got BCC. i was wondering if any of u would be open to sharign what grades u got so i can get an idea of how lenient they are so i can decide to reapply next year or not. also i do all 3 subjects maths, chem, nd bio and am eligible for a contextual offer
thank you!=))
Original post by bismah_ahmed02
hi guys, i wanna do optometry too and got BCC. i was wondering if any of u would be open to sharign what grades u got so i can get an idea of how lenient they are so i can decide to reapply next year or not. also i do all 3 subjects maths, chem, nd bio and am eligible for a contextual offer
thank you!=))

AAB originally and I got the offer, I believe if u go on astons website they outline the requirements for contextual applicants too, contacting the uni is also a good way to see. Maybe also look if they're on clearing
Original post by Katana_AVFC
AAB originally and I got the offer, I believe if u go on astons website they outline the requirements for contextual applicants too, contacting the uni is also a good way to see. Maybe also look if they're on clearing

oh wowww congrats!!:clap2: yeah i have checked and i should be good with ABB but i wanna know how much off they allow or if they dont at all for example uni of leicester and BCU accpetd me with 104 points when i required 120.
oh wowww congrats!!:clap2: yeah i have checked and i should be good with ABB but i wanna know how much off they allow or if they dont at all for example uni of leicester and BCU accpetd me with 104 points when i required 120.

Wait so if you're planning to resit (if you are), it depends on the grade boundaries next year and how many students fall under the ABB requirements for aston and other variables like how many reject aston to go to other unis / how many reject optometry. This year for example my friend did resits for alevels and ended up getting AAC over the 2 sittings and still got into his Uni of Bham Law course which required A*AA. Ultimately uni is a buisness and when they have to fill seats they will and your grades of BCC put you in a pretty good position for ur resits to turn both your C subjects into an A and a B.
thank you!=))

I did bio chem and maths and got accepted with BBB even though my offer was for AAB
Original post by Katana_AVFC
Wait so if you're planning to resit (if you are), it depends on the grade boundaries next year and how many students fall under the ABB requirements for aston and other variables like how many reject aston to go to other unis / how many reject optometry. This year for example my friend did resits for alevels and ended up getting AAC over the 2 sittings and still got into his Uni of Bham Law course which required A*AA. Ultimately uni is a buisness and when they have to fill seats they will and your grades of BCC put you in a pretty good position for ur resits to turn both your C subjects into an A and a B.

yh ur right i thnk ill resit and try bring those Cs up, do u know anyhtign about if its necessary to do the masters course for optom or if i can graduate earlier if i get in after 3 years? thanks for the recommendation and best of lucck!
Original post by Studentwithaname
I did bio chem and maths and got accepted with BBB even though my offer was for AAB

oh wow congrats!! thats great , i think i will reapply nexy year now
good lcuk!!
yh ur right i thnk ill resit and try bring those Cs up, do u know anyhtign about if its necessary to do the masters course for optom or if i can graduate earlier if i get in after 3 years? thanks for the recommendation and best of lucck!

I think Aston only offers 4 year masters course now
I really hope the face to face enrolment will be early september, not august cos I’m gonna be on holiday 😬💃
Does anyone know how and when we are to pay the registration fee for the GOC?
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know how and when we are to pay the registration fee for the GOC?

No idea sorry
Anyone paying for uni privately? If so, when and how?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone paying for uni privately? If so, when and how?

try contacting the uni admisisons team thyell help u =)
Reply 17
Will there be dissections?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 18
thank you!=))

I actually got BCC this year and they somehow still let me in even though my offer was AAA! they're defo pretty lenient
Yayyy the timetables are up

Quick Reply

Latest