The Student Room Group

Applying to Physiotheraphy without a Biology A-level

Hi!

I've been looking into applying for the Physiotherapy course at the University of West England (UWE). It would be my second degree as I've already graduated previously in 2021. The entry requirements for the course require a grade B in Biology, something which I never acquired back in school. I emailed the admin team at the university to ask whether there would be any chance of getting accepted without the A-level. They said it was a requirement, with my other option being to complete the foundation year instead. However, having already completed a degree previously I am not eligible for student finance funding for that year.

I have, however, spent the last 2 years working at Holland and Barrett which has given me loads of experience in health and wellness and an A-level equivalent qualification, which is required when starting the role.

I have looked into privately taking the A-level and self-teaching the content, however, it is very costly and I potentially would not have enough time to get the required grade if I were to start learning now.

Would it be worth applying to the course despite not having the required A-levels? And would I have a chance of being accepted?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by gemmajasmine
Hi!

I've been looking into applying for the Physiotherapy course at the University of West England (UWE). It would be my second degree as I've already graduated previously in 2021. The entry requirements for the course require a grade B in Biology, something which I never acquired back in school. I emailed the admin team at the university to ask whether there would be any chance of getting accepted without the A-level. They said it was a requirement, with my other option being to complete the foundation year instead. However, having already completed a degree previously I am not eligible for student finance funding for that year.

I have, however, spent the last 2 years working at Holland and Barrett which has given me loads of experience in health and wellness and an A-level equivalent qualification, which is required when starting the role.

I have looked into privately taking the A-level and self-teaching the content, however, it is very costly and I potentially would not have enough time to get the required grade if I were to start learning now.

Would it be worth applying to the course despite not having the required A-levels? And would I have a chance of being accepted?

Thanks!

Physiotherapy is super competitive, so in all honesty I would imagine without the requirements it would be very hard.
My daughter didn't do Biology, however she did do PE A level which most (not all) universities accept instead of Biology.
She had higher grades than required for the course but still got a rejection for not meeting all the requirements for that particular university. (Needed NHS work experience, she had private Physio work experience)
Have you thought about Physiotherapy degree apprenticeships?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending