The Student Room Group

A Level Biology

Hi, I am a year 11 external candidate sitting my GCSEs. Year 10 me was not especially smart and I applied for Human Biology instead of regular Biology because I didn't like studying plants.
Now I want to study Biology at A level and I'm freaking out because I don't know if I can still do it. Does anyone know if you can do Biology without the GCSE.
Also, I am doing Psychology so I will technically have two sciences.

Update: looking on the spec for HB, it has Biology as an example for A Level progression...
Still would appreciate any confirmation of this, though :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Hello! Another external candidate here! So long as you have studied biology and have achieved a minimum of a grade 6, alongside grade 5s in majority of your other GCSEs, then there is no doubt you should be able to progress into A-level biology. Good luck on getting into the course!
Reply 2
Original post by K.online.
Hello! Another external candidate here! So long as you have studied biology and have achieved a minimum of a grade 6, alongside grade 5s in majority of your other GCSEs, then there is no doubt you should be able to progress into A-level biology. Good luck on getting into the course!

Great, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest