The Student Room Group

Can I do a nursing course without passing chemistry

Original post by Najjuma Jane

Can I be a lawyer without a law degree ?

Hi @Najjuma Jane,

If it's A Level Chemistry that you are mentioning, then there are some universities who do not require A Level Chemistry to access a Nursing Degree.

For example, Adult Nursing at the University of Wolverhampton requires A Levels BBC but doesn't specify that one of those needs to be Chemistry. For more information on entry requirements for Nursing degrees, head to our website.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Helen.

Hi,

The answer is Yes. I do Adult Nursing at City university of London, and i also did chemistry. The entry requirements were BBC and my A level grades were BCD. I got a D in biology which is even more important in nursing than Chemistry but i still got into the course without foundation year (through clearing.) Chemistry is in the course but its nothing compared to A level and most unis don't require it. Biology is also easier in nursing compared to A levels so dont worry. aim for a D or C in Chem and you'll be fine. if you need any chem websites, tips or youtube channels let me know.

Nursing without GCSE chemistry? Maybe. It depends on whether the university asks for GCSE sciences in their entry requirements.
Nursing without A level chemistry? Yes.
I haven't done any sciences since GCSE - not even biology - and got through my nursing degree absolutely fine.
Just check different university websites - some, on their A level subject requirements, demand A level biology or chemistry or psychology or sociology.

Original post by Thenewguy123
Can I be a lawyer without a law degree ?

Yeah but you don't need A level chemistry to do a nursing degree/be successful as a registered nurse....
(edited 1 year ago)

Yes as Emily explained to you.

Best thing to do is check out all your chosen university entry requirements and see what they say about what you'll need.
Some universities requires you to have chemistry or biology and others will ask for a science subject. All the reasons why you need to research your chosen university entry requirements okay.
I had biology as one of my grades.

A registered midwife

Yes, it just depends on the requirements set by the universities which you have applied. Or if you struggle you can alway do access to nursing diploma then do your nursing.
nursingjourneyguide.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending