sin(-1-1/2) = cos ( sqrt 3/2-sqrt3)
is tanx = 3sqrt3
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Great444
is this correct
is tanx = 3sqrt3

Cant make much sense of it. What is the actual question and what did you try doing?
Reply 2
given that 2sin(x-60)=cos(x-30) show that tan x = 3sqrt3
Reply 3
given that 2sin(x-60)=cos(x-30) show that tan x = 3sqrt3

I know there is other ways to do it but want to check if this is correct I think no
Reply 4
is this correct
is tanx = 3sqrt3

Youve missed the (x) next to the sin and cos hence the confusion in the reply. Your numbers are about right, though there are a couple of sign errors (and the tan(x) value doesnt follow from your numbers) and it generally helps to make the coeffs as positive as possible. Post your working if you cant get it sorted.
(edited 3 months ago)
2sin(x-60)=cos(x-30) you are trying to find a solution to this equation in terms of tan(x) correct?

If so then you can just use the compound angle formulae (sin(A+B) = sin(A)cos(B) + cos(A)sin(B) & cos(A+B) = cos(A)cos(B) - sin(A)sin(B))

This would give you:
sin(x) - √3 cos(x) = √3/2 cos(x) + 1/2 sin(x)

You should be able to rearrange that to get an equation relating tan(x) to a number
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Can'tDecideAName
2sin(x-60)=cos(x-30) you are trying to find a solution to this equation in terms of tan(x) correct?

If so then you can just use the compound angle formulae (sin(A+B) = sin(A)cos(B) + cos(A)sin(B) & cos(A+B) = cos(A)cos(B) - sin(A)sin(B))

This would give you:
sin(x) - √3/4 cos(x) = √3/2 cos(x) + 1/2 sin(x)

You should be able to rearrange that to get an equation relating tan(x) to a number

Looks like there is a typo in your expansion,
Original post by mqb2766
Looks like there is a typo in your expansion,

Hahahaha, my apologies 😁

It's no typo, I've mistakenly used a factor of 1/2 instead of 2 giving √3/4 instead of √3

Thank you for the correction, it has been fixed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest