The Student Room Group

Psychiatry

If I need to become a psychiatrist after 13th with hu bio, Che and psy at a level what should I do after that, can you tell me what bachelor's, master's, and doctorate I need for that, and how long will it take, and of course about the residency?
Original post by Ajsjne7rneowow
If I need to become a psychiatrist after 13th with hu bio, Che and psy at a level what should I do after that, can you tell me what bachelor's, master's, and doctorate I need for that, and how long will it take, and of course about the residency?

The only way to become a psychiatrist is to do a medical degree.

In the UK you then do the foundation programme, then psychiatry core training followed by higher specialty training in general psychiatry and/or other subspecialty areas.
Reply 2
Original post by Ajsjne7rneowow

https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/become-a-psychiatrist/sixth-formers-and-school-students

Make sure you're interested in being a doctor (regardless of specialty) first and foremost though. Chances are you will change your mind about specialties multiple times, so it's important that you're happy with medicine in the broadest possible sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending