The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

dfg

asd
(edited 3 months ago)
as a student here, I don't think that our recent controversies regarding our crest, debates over renaming buildings named after slave traders, the forced swim test, the general cost of living despite being outside of London and scrapping singing the national anthem at graduation - and catching the eyes of the papers with all of this (especially more right-wing ones like telegraph)- help our reputation at all, whether you agree with what the uni is doing or not. there have also been issues regarding staff strikes and students not receiving graded work until months later. that being said, I'm happy here, but I will say that the cost of living here does make it really difficult to actually enjoy student life sometimes, especially with rent exceeding 200 a week without bills in some cases if you haven't already found somewhere to live by Christmas. if you're considering applying here, you really need to get in there early for things like accom and consider cost of living when looking at your student loan etc. nightlife is diverse and fun though, even if clubbing isn't your thing (some good jazz places too), and some good green spaces too so it's a good urban/rural mix if/when you need it
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
I don't think it's underrated by any stretch of the imagination and is well considered for most of its courses. It's also a very popular option for students, particularly those applying to other competitive unis and courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending