The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Application on hold - Bristol

Hi, I have applied to Bristol on the 30th of January for politics and economics, and I have been put on hold. I am an international student, but my grades are the equivalent of all A* in the UK and the requirement for the course is AAA. I have also done an internship, debates, school clubs,… Does this mean that my application is less competitive? (Bristol is one of the least competitive unis I applied to), or is it just a message saying I have the minimum requirements but they haven’t reviewed the applications yet?
Reply 1
Hi there, I applied to Bristol Pol & Econ on 15/11 last yr, received an email saying theyve done my application assessment on 20/11 and will put it on hold. Few of my friends who got put on hold by Bristol have got their decisions back, but they arent P&E applicants. I dont think it means anything special so ig we'll just have to keep waiting x
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Bristol have just lost a court case because they wanted to claim they have no duty of care towards their students. The court found that they were partially responsible for the death of a student and liable to pay compensation to the students family.

If they’re putting you on hold then take it as a sign and withdraw your application and go somewhere that gives a **** about their students.
Reply 3
Original post by lupirkl
Hi, I have applied to Bristol on the 30th of January for politics and economics, and I have been put on hold. I am an international student, but my grades are the equivalent of all A* in the UK and the requirement for the course is AAA. I have also done an internship, debates, school clubs,… Does this mean that my application is less competitive? (Bristol is one of the least competitive unis I applied to), or is it just a message saying I have the minimum requirements but they haven’t reviewed the applications yet?

Omg hi I am also an international student that applied for economics and politics for this sept 2034 intake and I have gotten 2 emails from Bristol about being on hold. I’m scared about not getting in and I would like to know if u have gotten any updates on your application?
Our daughter was on hold and received an offer yesterday (to study History). Waiting was so tough but don’t give up - still 5 weeks until the deadline.
Reply 5
Original post by Jesscho
Omg hi I am also an international student that applied for economics and politics for this sept 2034 intake and I have gotten 2 emails from Bristol about being on hold. I’m scared about not getting in and I would like to know if u have gotten any updates on your application?

no still nothing :frown: I’ve gotten offers from my 3 other unis and I am just waiting on LSE and Bristol now. Did you get an offer?
Reply 6
Original post by lupirkl
no still nothing :frown: I’ve gotten offers from my 3 other unis and I am just waiting on LSE and Bristol now. Did you get an offer?

Nope still no updates , I’m thinking they will get back to us at the end of April or they might only reply just before the UCAS deadline ? I only have an offer from Birmingham and I prefer Bristol so I hope I get in. LSE is a really good school n from looking like they are late to response on ur application, it look like you might get in!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending