The Student Room Group

Mnsw

I really want to do the integrated masters of nursing(MH) and social work, that Edgehill offer. However I'm a bit confused, upon completion are you a qualified nurse and social worker (you can chose either career path) or is a combined role?
Anyone?
Original post by Dreamsandwishes
I really want to do the integrated masters of nursing(MH) and social work, that Edgehill offer. However I'm a bit confused, upon completion are you a qualified nurse and social worker (you can chose either career path) or is a combined role?

Hi @Dreamsandwishes,

It's great to hear that you are interested in the MNSW (Hons) Nursing and Social Work.

Essentially, upon completion of the course, you will be eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Mental Health Nurse and with Social Work England as a Social Worker. This course is designed for applicants looking to be an integrated practitioner.

You will be qualified at Master's level, meaning that you're highly employable and can choose which route you would like to pursue.

I hope this helps and best of luck in the future,

Melissa- Course Enquiries.
Original post by Edge Hill University
Hi @Dreamsandwishes,

It's great to hear that you are interested in the MNSW (Hons) Nursing and Social Work.

Essentially, upon completion of the course, you will be eligible to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Mental Health Nurse and with Social Work England as a Social Worker. This course is designed for applicants looking to be an integrated practitioner.

You will be qualified at Master's level, meaning that you're highly employable and can choose which route you would like to pursue.

I hope this helps and best of luck in the future,

Melissa- Course Enquiries.

Thank you for your reply. So the ideal role would be a social worker in mental health, but say you cannot find such a role could you apply solely for a mh nursing position?
Reply 4
Original post by Dreamsandwishes
Thank you for your reply. So the ideal role would be a social worker in mental health, but say you cannot find such a role could you apply solely for a mh nursing position?

There are jobs as a mental health social worker with the NHS , you can be on a mental health team or forensic team where the clients have come through the criminal justice system.

Quick Reply

Latest