The Student Room Group

What's the best way to measure university ranking? WRONG ANSWERS ONLY

Everyone's always trying to judge universities and say that some unis are better than others due to X

But let's be silly for a minute - what would be a funny way to measure university excellence?

- Average temperature on campus?

- Height above sea level?

- Number of bike thefts? (inversely, obviously)

Post your ideas below...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Amount of E-Scooters littering the campus
- marketing budget per student FTE
Amount of Pastcihe de Nata shops in the immediate vicinity (Ox has one, but not Cam)
Concentration of canals
Original post by NoRJoke112233
Amount of Pastcihe de Nata shops in the immediate vicinity (Ox has one, but not Cam)

In our defence https://www.norfolkstbakery.co.uk/about-us/

True, that's a great bakery. One of the best English Breakfast's I've had is from there
Longest age a TSR thread went unanswered before an official rep replied. Has to be months or they’re not in my top ten.
Population density of puffer jackets.
Original post by 04MR17
Everyone's always trying to judge universities and say that some unis are better than others due to X

But let's be silly for a minute - what would be a funny way to measure university excellence?

- Average temperature on campus?

- Height above sea level?

- Number of bike thefts? (inversely, obviously)

Post your ideas below...

the amount of campus graffiti that is in ancient hieroglyphs.
Reply 10
Alphabetically.
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Alphabetically.

Love this :rofl:
Number of plushies that regularly come on campus.
Reply 13
Number of michelin canteens
number of Greggs within a mile radius of campus
Proximity of nearest McDonalds
Original post by TomokoRainMaker
the amount of campus graffiti that is in ancient hieroglyphs.

You joke but when I worked at Cambridge I had seen someone graffiti'd in chalk on the Downing Site gate the classic Monty Python Latin "Romanes eunt domus" with the appropriate corrections then added in another colour!
Original post by lee_miller7
number of Greggs within a mile radius of campus

I love this!
(And it's made me hungry!) :drool:
Original post by artful_lounger
You joke but when I worked at Cambridge I had seen someone graffiti'd in chalk on the Downing Site gate the classic Monty Python Latin "Romanes eunt domus" with the appropriate corrections then added in another colour!

Much classier than the graffiti I see in Liverpool, often telling someone they will see you next Tuesday :flute:
There is a greggs ranking somewhere I’m sure. By the people who did the nandos ranking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending