The Student Room Group

A Levels

I have my A Level first year exams tomorrow and I'm not ready at all. I'm not used to getting Bs so I got a medical last minute and I'm applying for a refund to sit in May. I feel like a complete loser, none of my classmates are postponing. I don't even want to got o school tomorrow!
Original post by niyahsurren
I have my A Level first year exams tomorrow and I'm not ready at all. I'm not used to getting Bs so I got a medical last minute and I'm applying for a refund to sit in May. I feel like a complete loser, none of my classmates are postponing. I don't even want to got o school tomorrow!

Hi @niyahsurren

I'm sure no matter what encouragement you'll hear, you'll still feel anxious about your exams tomorrow. But, maybe we can reduce your stress.

Firstly, try not to dwell on postponing your exam in May. You're still going to sit the exam, but a little later on, and it might ease your stress to take it a bit later. So try your best to not let the fact that your classmates aren't doing the same route as you put you off. You are just as capable in achieving the grades you want.

When I sat my A Levels, I did an unnecessary amount of revision as I was so stressed I hadn't worked hard enough. And even then I didn't feel completely ready. There is a lot of pressure put on your exams and they are important, but not at the expense of your wellbeing. Try to go into your exams this week with a mindset that you've worked hard so far, and if you happen to not achieve the grades you were hoping for, there is still time before your year 13 exams.

Try to take some pressure of yourself, and remember to look after yourself this week too - plenty of sleep, some good food, and some breaks too. And best of luck, try your best!

Emily
Student Rep at BCU

Quick Reply

Latest