The Student Room Group

I can't find enough courses to fill up the 5 university mark

Hi guys I'm interested in the creative computing courses as the course looks super interesting to me. However only one university that fits my "standards" (Leicester) is good. However I want to fill up the 5 universities limit.

What courses can I pick that are similar to it so I can make a personal statement that is relevant whilst minimizing my chances of risk

Thank you guys in advance
Reply 1
hi! i'm in the same boat as you too, i'm applying to the university of east anglia for computing and creative technologies, royal holloway for digital media, culture and technology and leicester too but i'm also not sure where else to apply for the same course so i'm going to apply for computer science as well. i know that UAL and southampton also provide creative computing but a portfolio is required.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by rororo__
hi! i'm in the same boat as you too, i'm applying to the university of east anglia for computing and creative technologies, royal holloway for digital media, culture and technology and leicester too but i'm also not sure where else to apply for the same course so i'm going to apply for computer science as well. i know that UAL and southampton also provide creative computing but a portfolio is required.

ahh thank you so much for this!!! Also in Leicester there is a "creative computing" course there as well, did you know about it?
Reply 3
Original post by Clivierx
ahh thank you so much for this!!! Also in Leicester there is a "creative computing" course there as well, did you know about it?

yes i'm applying for that too :smile: but i'm not sure whether to apply to southampton because of the portfolio requirements though.....
Reply 4
Original post by rororo__

yes i'm applying for that too :smile: but i'm not sure whether to apply to southampton because of the portfolio requirements though.....

What do you mean?? I don't see Leicester asking for portfolio requirements?
Reply 5
Hey there,

I applied for a mix of software engineering, creative computing and digital media courses last year. Here are some that may interest you.

Coventry University: Interactive Media and Web Technologies BSc or Digital Media BA
University Of York: Interactive Media BSc
Birmingham City University: Digital Media Computing BSc
Brunel University: Digital Design BSc
University Of The Arts London: Creative Computing BSc
Royal Holloway: Digital Media Culture and Technology BSc
University Of Leeds: Digital Media BA

Definitely take a read over the course information to see which appeals to you the most.

I am currently at Leicester studying Software Engineering if you have any questions regarding Creative Computing I can definitely help since the first few modules are shared between all computing degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending