The Student Room Group

University timetable

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi im starting uni in september

Do timetables stay the same all year or do they change every term?

Hey! I'm in third year and my timetable has definitely changed every term (in fact it changes every week :bricks:)
Some modules will be autumn term or spring term only, and new terms you might be starting or finishing a module so the timetable is takes this into account.

Noone else has mentioned this as its kinda obvious, but your uni timetable is only your uni timetable so doesn't consider your other life aspects like any part time work, social activities etc. There's also many gaps to do other work. I use a separate calender to schedule pretty much everything which definitely helps when planning assignments/revision, as it helps to see where the gaps are in my routine :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi Anon,

Great to hear that you are starting uni in September! Which university are you going to and what course will you be studying there? Timetables will be very specific for each course. My course timetable would change every term.

Sarah
Wednesday afteenoons are kept free for all unis and courses?

Hi Anon,

Not all universities and courses will have Wednesday afternoons free, you would need to check with your university and course tutor.

Sarah
Reply 23
can some lectures be online or are all courses/unis onsite?
Reply 24
can some lectures be online or are all courses/unis onsite?

I doubt that anyone can answer that for all courses and all universities!

I would imagine that most teaching is now back to being in-person at most universities.

Hi there

Congratulations on receiving an offer! How are you feeling about going to University?
In my experience, my timetable has changed every term. 🙂 If you are particularly worried about timetabling issues, there is always the possibility to have them changed (if they do not suit your schedule well).

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 26
Do some uni/courses might only have 1 day per week on their timetables? Why so less teaching when students are paying tiition fees?
Before christmas i was going in on mondays and fridays. Now im going in on random days every week. It changes a lot.
Do some uni/courses might only have 1 day per week on their timetables? Why so less teaching when students are paying tiition fees?

Sometimes it can be only 1 day a week. It may vary week to week.
Reply 29
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi Anon,

Great to hear that you are starting uni in September! Which university are you going to and what course will you be studying there? Timetables will be very specific for each course. My course timetable would change every term.

Sarah

Leeds uni - Nursing. Anyone else studying that course?
Also do most unis get a month off for christmas? Or is every uni/course different?

Hi there,

It can vary. For me, lectures and seminars were over but I still had essays to write and exams to prepare for in January.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Leeds uni - Nursing. Anyone else studying that course?

Hi Anon,

Lovely to see that you will be studying Nursing in September.

Wishing you all the best for your studies! 😊
Sarah
Reply 32
Can you have some weeks where you dont have any lectures or do you have lectures every week?
Reply 33
Can you have some weeks where you dont have any lectures or do you have lectures every week?

Some universities have "reading weeks", though that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll have no academic commitments at all during those weeks.

Note that universities do not, in general, have such a thing as "half-term" in the way that school/colleges do.
Also do most unis get a month off for christmas? Or is every uni/course different?

It can be exams after the Xmas break. Or at least assignment deadlines. So don't rush to make vacation plans.
Original post by martin7
Some universities have "reading weeks", though that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll have no academic commitments at all during those weeks.

Note that universities do not, in general, have such a thing as "half-term" in the way that school/colleges do.

I am having reading week now and I have an assignment submission deadline on Monday (first day back after reading week).
Original post by BubblesBB
Original post by martin7

I am having reading week now and I have an assignment submission deadline on Monday (first day back after reading week).

Which uni?
Original post by martin7
I doubt that anyone can answer that for all courses and all universities!

I would imagine that most teaching is now back to being in-person at most universities.
Hiya!

I just thought to add on to this comment, that yes majority if not all teaching is done face to face now (but as you already addressed this can't be confirmed for every course and university specifically.) However to just add on for my course anyway, we do have a random day in the week which is timetabled for an hour as a tutorial session which is online; but it's just a drop in teams call incase you have any questions for the lecturer and is completely optional 🙂

-Maddie, second year Health and well-being in society student at De Montfort University
Original post by Anonymous #2

Which uni?
UCL Psychology.
Are unis closed for easter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending