The Student Room Group

UWS Timetable and coursework?

I'm due to start university of the west of Scotland next month for midwifery (first year) but just wondering what to expect with regards to the timetable and exams/coursework?
Is it all coursework based or are there official sit down exams?
How heavy is the timetable? I know there is some online but wondering roughly how long I'll be on campus?

Tia 😊
Reply 1
Original post by gallacherxc
I'm due to start university of the west of Scotland next month for midwifery (first year) but just wondering what to expect with regards to the timetable and exams/coursework?
Is it all coursework based or are there official sit down exams?
How heavy is the timetable? I know there is some online but wondering roughly how long I'll be on campus?

Tia 😊

Congratulations on getting a offer on midwifery course as you know it's very highly competitive.

You'll be starting early September at uws.

Don't panic about what you'll expect ok as you'll be fine 😊.
Generally you'll spend the first few months at university learning all the basics stuff and health and safety issues, you'll be taught as much as possible before they eventually send you out for placements ( where it will be I can't answer because greater glasgow and Clyde health board covers a large area - you might be given a hospital placement or community.

Timetable will be given to you once you start in September ok. It might be that you spend the first few months at university and then you'll do placement for about 7 weeks ( based at the same place throughout your placement). The timetable may be different from what I am telling you reasons why you best wait until September as it use to be 7 weeks approx at university and then 7 weeks at placement and then back to university and back to placement every 7 weeks or so but it can be changed at any time by the university due to arrangements for placements. Recently some of the university coursework was partly online with rest of time at the university building itself. It could be you do 4 days on campus and one day online but they are supposed to be getting back to pre covid which means you'll be in campus full-time.

Exams are scheduled accordingly ( it should be in your timetable when you have any exams ) assignment's and essays are done throughout your whole course.
You'll have some sort of sitting down exams plus theory/ practical ones.

It can be a heavy workload midwifery due to what involved.

I'm from the Glasgow area but I did my midwife degree over in Edinburgh and then worked there for a while until I eventually went back to Glasgow.
I'm currently working with greater glasgow and Clyde health board as a midwife.

Best wishes for your next three years of hard work ahead of you.
Hope u enjoy it! Just make the most of it and try your best🫶

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending