The Student Room Group

University timetable

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous_98743
Are unis closed for easter?

They'll be closed for the public holidays and the Easter weekend (i.e. from Good Friday to Easter Monday), barring things like campus security. Libraries might be open for use as study space. But in general most staff aren't going to be working.

There's usually a break for students over Easter, but the length of that break will depend on when individual universities have set their term dates. There are no standard dates as each university is free to set those dates as it wishes.
Original post by Anonymous_98743
Are unis closed for easter?

Hi there
At MMU our library is open throughout the holidays whilst majority of our uni buildings are closed! I don’t know if this applies to other universities though.

Best wishes
Emily
Im at huddersfield uni studying pharmacy and I have 3 weeks off. Then lectures for 2 weeks then exams.
So after 2 weeks of lectures are all exams onsite or done remotely? Is revision done onsite? Whats the format for exams?
Original post by Anonymous
So after 2 weeks of lectures are all exams onsite or done remotely? Is revision done onsite? Whats the format for exams?

Hello!
Every university will format their exams differently! At Lancaster it even differs between departments! As an Earth and Environmental Science student I have 4 weeks off for easter (standard at Lancaster) then when I go back I have 2 weeks of exams straight away but then the rest of the 10 week term off to do field trips and start my dissertation!

Hope this helps,
Lucy (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending