The Student Room Group

Assignment Marking

Hi everyone, I am looking to go to uni to study computing but I’m in two minds whether to just do an online course with 2 exams. I am currently doing a HE assignment based course and my tutors are ridiculous with marking. I think it might be down to the fact I’m studying at a college and they think they have to be extra harsh on us because we’re the oldest 🙄🤦*♂️ Anyway I wanted to ask, what’s the marking like at uni, for example when it says to examine, evaluate, etc - How strict are they when it comes to this, will they throw the work back at ya if it’s not good enough (my current situation 😭) and if they do say it’s not good enough, do they say so in a nice sense and provide you help for getting there or is it as harsh as my current year. I know the answer to my question could be it depends what uni you’re at but I just wanna know some past experiences please. TIA
Reply 1
Well, assessment is strict.

But on the rest, tone of feedback etc, it varies between staff members, never mind between departments, Schools, Faculties, Institutions. In a perfect world, feedback would be kind and collaborative etc, but in reality marking 200 essays is really annoying and people lose patience with average-substandard work, and that can be reflected in the tone of feedback.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending