The Student Room Group

I need help on an university assignment grade

Hi everyone i hope you’re all doing fine. I’m a second year biomedical science student at MMU. I need some guidance regarding university marking on special circumstances. You see u have ADHD and it has really impacted my focusing patters and concentrating. I recently submitted an assignment but then realised that i made mistakes in it after it was already submitted and the deadline was on friday. I email my lecturer as she also is the disability coordinator. Do you think due to these special circumstances it won’t affect my grade on that assignment? Thank you
Reply 1
Original post by Miryamkkkkk
Hi everyone i hope you’re all doing fine. I’m a second year biomedical science student at MMU. I need some guidance regarding university marking on special circumstances. You see u have ADHD and it has really impacted my focusing patters and concentrating. I recently submitted an assignment but then realised that i made mistakes in it after it was already submitted and the deadline was on friday. I email my lecturer as she also is the disability coordinator. Do you think due to these special circumstances it won’t affect my grade on that assignment? Thank you

Do you have a formal diagnosis of ADHD, and have you notified the university of this through the formal route?

If you have, then hopefully your university has put support in place for you. That might include, for example, extensions on coursework deadlines and extra time in exams.

But ultimately, a marker has to mark what is put in front of them. And a lot of the time marking is done anonymously (i.e. the marker doesn't know who wrote the assignment) so they can't take into account special requirements of individual students.

Markers need to avoid putting in place further unapproved mitigations on top of what has been formally agreed by your university.
Original post by Miryamkkkkk

Hi there , @Miryamkkkkk .
I'm not sure which university you attend but there should be disability support to help you with situations like this. At DMU students are usually advised to inform the university what disability they have and how they can be supported throughout their time here and this may change over time.
It is good that your lecturer is aware of your disability and surely they should mark with that in mind , if that doesn't happen you can always get in touch with the head of course to get the assignment reviewed.

I do hope that your university has good academic support for your case , especially because it seems like you have put a lot of work into it and everything else is ultimately out of your control. At the very least I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University
Reply 3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending