The Student Room Group

submitting the wrong document and the deadline is up on assignment

I am panicking about an assignment. I just checked my Turnitin account and realised it's the wrong document. it's passed the deadline for submission. I am hoping my tutor sees my email and lets me send it to her. has anyone got any advice as I'm panicking now
Can't you submit assignments late? It usually comes with a penalty.
Original post by Grw6
I am panicking about an assignment. I just checked my Turnitin account and realised it's the wrong document. it's passed the deadline for submission. I am hoping my tutor sees my email and lets me send it to her. has anyone got any advice as I'm panicking now

It depends on how lenient your lecturer is. Universities usually have a policy that it's the student's responsibility to ensure that the correct document is submitted, but some lecturers may let you off if you have recognised your mistake soon enough and/or you're in your first year.

Did you email the right document before or after the deadline?
that's exactly what has happened and basically cause me and my personal tutor are worried about the marks. my personal tutor is now going to help me with organisation of my work and help me as much as possible with my second assignment. so that worst comes worst it won't affect my final grades
Original post by Grw6
that's exactly what has happened and basically cause me and my personal tutor are worried about the marks. my personal tutor is now going to help me with organisation of my work and help me as much as possible with my second assignment. so that worst comes worst it won't affect my final grades

What percentage of your module mark was the assignment worth?

I mean, best case scenario: your lecturer accepts the emailed assignment with no penalty. Middle case scenario: your lecturer accepts the emailed assignment buts caps it at 40% due to it being late. Worst case scenario: your lecturer doesn't accept the emailed assignment and you get given a mark of 0 (assuming that the wrongly submitted document cannot be marked).
(edited 6 years ago)
basically they are going to mark the submitted assignment and as it's relevant they are going to mark it. but I know referencing is wrong on that particular assignment so that's why she has decided to help me to boost my grades
Original post by Grw6
basically they are going to mark the submitted assignment and as it's relevant they are going to mark it. but I know referencing is wrong on that particular assignment so that's why she has decided to help me to boost my grades

Is it wrong in that it might come up in the plagiarism check?
yeah as in I realised some references are in text but not in the bibliography
but she is taking it into consideration. and in that case it would just be between 40 or 50 marks which should not affect my final grades for graduation
as I have never done this before my tutors being kind and just helping me as much as possible.x
Reply 10
What happened with your paper, did you pass? I did the same mistake and I didn’t know I submitted the wrong document until I got my results back and I just crushed into deep depression. I’m still trying to negotiate with the University
This was years ago, I graduated. I persuaded the university to give me an extension. As I had a lot of weight on my shoulders with family passing, etc. I think I passed the paper with a 56%. In the end, but had to work with my personal tutor closely to make sure that mark was good enough to pass with a 2.2 in BA joint honors in Art and Education.
Original post by Mooe
What happened with your paper, did you pass? I did the same mistake and I didn’t know I submitted the wrong document until I got my results back and I just crushed into deep depression. I’m still trying to negotiate with the University

Hey, would you mind to share what happened with your paper? I’m in the exact same situation as you rn, so much stress :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by aliciabjr
Hey, would you mind to share what happened with your paper? I’m in the exact same situation as you rn, so much stress :frown:

Heyy, email your course officer/personal tutor right now if you haven't already. The sooner, the better. They will likely accept but just knock off marks as a penalty.
Original post by aliciabjr

im in the same position how did you do it? im so stressed
Original post by Mooe
Original post by Anonymous #1
I just emailed the right one straight to my personal tutor and got it submitted. They were very helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending