The Student Room Group

I missed out details on my uni assignment- panicking

Last week I submitted an assignment which was a 15 minute recording alongside with my reference list. We do Harvard referencing and I’m only now just releasing as I’m thinking back to my assignment that I forgot to put in the accessed dates for my references. I’m seriously panicking now that I’m gonna have marks taken off or even fail for this. I’ve never done this before and because now I’m in second year they’ll be stricter on references and how proper they are. I’m really worried. We don’t get results back for another two weeks.
Do you have a mark scheme available for this assignment? Usually there is a set of marks dedicated to referencing and you will lose some of those marks in that section. It's unlikely that you will fail though.
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
Do you have a mark scheme available for this assignment? Usually there is a set of marks dedicated to referencing and you will lose some of those marks in that section. It's unlikely that you will fail though.

To my acknowledgment nope. Well there is a rubric but I don’t think it says anything about marks specifically for referencing but I’d have to double check. I did however find out that the accessed dates supposedly “aren’t required” if you use DOI’s which are mainly what I used for my sources. I was just worried as I already feel like I’ve not done the best in my assignment alone without that being added to it.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
It will be fine.
Original post by Newtothis_24
Last week I submitted an assignment which was a 15 minute recording alongside with my reference list. We do Harvard referencing and I’m only now just releasing as I’m thinking back to my assignment that I forgot to put in the accessed dates for my references. I’m seriously panicking now that I’m gonna have marks taken off or even fail for this. I’ve never done this before and because now I’m in second year they’ll be stricter on references and how proper they are. I’m really worried. We don’t get results back for another two weeks.

Hi @Newtothis_24,

Sorry to hear that you're stressing about this. From my experience at university and referencing on assignments, referencing was only a small percentage of the marks. I would definitely recommend going to talk to your course leader or lecturer as you can ask them questions about the references and get some reassurance.

I hope this helps!
Louise - University of Wolverhampton Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending