The Student Room Group

Are the resources in university better than college?

I am thinking about going for a foundation degree in graphic communication
if I get in I would be doing 2 years at the college I am already at and when I go for my third year for the BA degree I would go finish it at a university.
But I'm not sure if a full university course would give me better resources than my college.

So are university resources better than college resources or are they the same?
Because I feel like that is the only difference between a full university course and a foundation degree.
(edited 3 months ago)
Does your college have an articulation agreement with a university? If not then you may struggle to find a university willing to accept you into year 3 - year 3 transfers are extremely high risk and without an agreement most universities will only offer year 3 entry to exceptional students - most students with a foundation degree or HND from pearson get offers for entry into year 2.
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Does your college have an articulation agreement with a university? If not then you may struggle to find a university willing to accept you into year 3 - year 3 transfers are extremely high risk and without an agreement most universities will only offer year 3 entry to exceptional students - most students with a foundation degree or HND from pearson get offers for entry into year 2.

Im pretty sure they might have one of those agreements since it says that I can do a "top up year" at cardiff metropolitan if I choose to and says nothing about having to do 2 years.
https://cavc.ac.uk/en/courses/he/foundation-degree-in-graphic-communication?occurrence=165400
You can take a look if you want though cause I might be wrong.

Also if it is only one year in uni would it be worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending