The Student Room Group

Placement

Am currently in year 2 studying BSc Hons Biomedical Science. How do i get placement posting
Original post by jesuovo
Am currently in year 2 studying BSc Hons Biomedical Science. How do i get placement posting

Hey @jesuovo 👋

Which uni are you at?

I'm currently on my biomed placement year and we had a lot of support from our lecturers who had a list of affiliated hospitals. Are you looking to do the NHS placement year where you complete your IBMS portfolio?

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 2
Original post by EssexStudentRep
Hey @jesuovo 👋

Which uni are you at?

I'm currently on my biomed placement year and we had a lot of support from our lecturers who had a list of affiliated hospitals. Are you looking to do the NHS placement year where you complete your IBMS portfolio?

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

University of Strathclyde and presently in my second year. Am looking forward to do my placement anywhere but NHS preferably.
Original post by jesuovo
University of Strathclyde and presently in my second year. Am looking forward to do my placement anywhere but NHS preferably.

Hi @jesuovo 😀 Like @EssexStudentRep has recommended, I'd definitely recommend looking in to the support you can get from lecturers/tutors and the careers service at Strath already.

Here's a handy page on the Careers Service website with some good starting points when looking for placements: https://www.strath.ac.uk/professionalservices/careers/students/workexperience/internshipsplacements/.

There's also the Careers Calendar here: https://careers.strath.ac.uk/Events. I can see there's a few general upcoming sessions on things like using LinkedIn, writing applications and preparing for interviews. There's one session planned around Medical Physics/Clinical Engineering which might not be exactly what you're looking for but could be interesting! You can make appointments etc too using the MyCareer system on their webpages too 🙂

Caitlin 🎓️
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending