The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Student life and Neuroscience

I’m thinking of applying to St Andrews to study neuroscience, I’m predicted A* A B and I qualify for the minimum entry requirement which is ABB, I’m terrified of going and there being nothing to do, getting jealous of my friends at other unis who are partying, also scared that I’ll be bullied for being “poor”, or not being able to afford to go the events my friends are going to as for them £50 entrance is fine but for me that’s a hell of a lot of money. Any advice, or just anything about St Andrews in general???
Original post by matthiasfernande
I’m thinking of applying to St Andrews to study neuroscience, I’m predicted A* A B and I qualify for the minimum entry requirement which is ABB, I’m terrified of going and there being nothing to do, getting jealous of my friends at other unis who are partying, also scared that I’ll be bullied for being “poor”, or not being able to afford to go the events my friends are going to as for them £50 entrance is fine but for me that’s a hell of a lot of money. Any advice, or just anything about St Andrews in general???

Hello,

I’m studying neuroscience at St Andrews at the moment!

St Andrews is definitely small, however there are *loads* of societies and events to get involved in. There is also a really tight knit community here and lots of academic and non-academic support available at the university.

For neuroscience, we have to study Biology and Psychology modules in first and second year. In first year, you’re allowed to pick an extra subject alongside Biology and Psychology (This can be anything except IR or Medicine). Personally, I’ve really enjoyed the course so far.

As someone who went to a state-school, had minimum entry etc, I totally understand your concerns. I would encourage you to join the 93% club at St Andrews. I think it’s a good way to find other people who will be feeling the same as you :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending