The Student Room Group

URGENT !!

Hi I’ve just got back my first semester grade for my third year and it’s not what I was hoping it would be. I wrote this essay for a month and put so much effort in to it and came out with a 3rd which I’ve never gotten. This module also has a heavy weight of 60% coursework and 50% practical (yet to be given) and has 20 credits. So now I feel incredibly demotivated knowing I have to work more harder in my second semester for the next three months just to get a 2:1. In my second year I got a 2:2 and was told that if I achieved a 60% in all my modules of third year I could get a 2:1 however this looks slightly difficult at the moment. My last two modules both have 40 credits each. Does anyone have a similar story or anything to motivate me with it will be highly appreciated
Thankyou
Original post by Mahnoor475
Hi I’ve just got back my first semester grade for my third year and it’s not what I was hoping it would be. I wrote this essay for a month and put so much effort in to it and came out with a 3rd which I’ve never gotten. This module also has a heavy weight of 60% coursework and 50% practical (yet to be given) and has 20 credits. So now I feel incredibly demotivated knowing I have to work more harder in my second semester for the next three months just to get a 2:1. In my second year I got a 2:2 and was told that if I achieved a 60% in all my modules of third year I could get a 2:1 however this looks slightly difficult at the moment. My last two modules both have 40 credits each. Does anyone have a similar story or anything to motivate me with it will be highly appreciated
Thankyou

How can the module be 60% + 50%?

Presumably your second year grade was very high 50s?
Reply 2
Sorry that was at typo it’s 40% for the practical weight. And yes second year grades were high 50s
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi I’ve just got back my first semester grade for my third year and it’s not what I was hoping it would be. I wrote this essay for a month and put so much effort in to it and came out with a 3rd which I’ve never gotten. This module also has a heavy weight of 60% coursework and 40% practical (yet to be given) and has 20 credits. So now I feel incredibly demotivated knowing I have to work more harder in my second semester for the next three months just to get a 2:1. In my second year I got a 2:2 (mid 55%) and was told that if I achieved a 60% in all my modules of third year I could get a 2:1 however this looks slightly difficult at the moment. My last two modules both have 40 credits each. Does anyone have a similar story or anything to motivate me with it will be highly appreciated
Thankyou
Sorry that was at typo it’s 40% for the practical weight. And yes second year grades were high 50s

Well, you have the other 100 credits this year to hammer in some solid 60+ marks. Have you checked your degree regulations for how your university classifies degrees? There's usually more than one method.
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Well, you have the other 100 credits this year to hammer in some solid 60+ marks. Have you checked your degree regulations for how your university classifies degrees? There's usually more than one method.

The only method I can find is that they do it based on a 1:3 ratio meaning so combining both second year and third year. But it is really disheartening seeing my grade being pull down and this may stop me from getting into my masters degree which requires a 2:1.
Thank you
The only method I can find is that they do it based on a 1:3 ratio meaning so combining both second year and third year. But it is really disheartening seeing my grade being pull down and this may stop me from getting into my masters degree which requires a 2:1.
Thank you

Which university?

Have you had any grades at 60+?
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Which university?

Have you had any grades at 60+?

Yes I’ve had 3 over 60’s grades in second year
Yes I’ve had 3 over 60’s grades in second year

So you're capable of getting 2.1 marks. Look at what you did better in those modules and try to emulate that. Ditto analyse your poor marks and avoid doing the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending