The Student Room Group

private a level exam entries 2024

hello, i am in year 12 and am thinking about taking another alevel or as level, probably french or physics or maths, I wanted to ask for advice on how to go about this from anyone who has gone through the process. I have been looking online and its quite overwhelming especially with all the differnent kinds of fees and deadlines, French especially with the speaking exams. I dont know if i have enough time to do them this may/june but maybe there is a differnt exam board or international exam that does exams in november/january instead? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by aaaaaaaaa.
hello, i am in year 12 and am thinking about taking another alevel or as level, probably french or physics or maths, I wanted to ask for advice on how to go about this from anyone who has gone through the process. I have been looking online and its quite overwhelming especially with all the differnent kinds of fees and deadlines, French especially with the speaking exams. I dont know if i have enough time to do them this may/june but maybe there is a differnt exam board or international exam that does exams in november/january instead? Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks

Are you in England? Are you at a state or fee-paying school?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Are you in England? Are you at a state or fee-paying school?

Im in England and fee-paying school currently
Reply 3
Im in England and fee-paying school currently

OK - do they take 'normal' A levels? These are only examined once a year.

The cheapest way to take additional subjects would be to ask your school if you can pay for the entry.
Reply 4

You can’t register for a levels for may June 2024 as the last deadline was 15 February
However you can register for them in the Oct nov series the portal opens in July I believe so go for it then if you need help or advise in the registration process I can assist you in that as well because I’ve been private for my entire o levels and a levels
Reply 5
Original post by Aizza
You can’t register for a levels for may June 2024 as the last deadline was 15 February
However you can register for them in the Oct nov series the portal opens in July I believe so go for it then if you need help or advise in the registration process I can assist you in that as well because I’ve been private for my entire o levels and a levels

For AQA the deadline is 21st feb so still a few days, but the amount of time i would have to prepare isnt prefencial. What exam boards actually do the oct/nov series? It would work way better for me, having the summer to revise and all. How did you go about actually doing your alevels as a private student? Like what was the process for registering and actually being able to take your exam. Any advice would be really helpful since I honestly am so lost.
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
OK - do they take 'normal' A levels? These are only examined once a year.

The cheapest way to take additional subjects would be to ask your school if you can pay for the entry.

Yes they take normal alevels, I will have to speak to my school if this would be possible and i'll speak with my parents and try and decide what the best way to go about this is.
Thank youu:smile:)
Reply 7
Yes they take normal alevels, I will have to speak to my school if this would be possible and i'll speak with my parents and try and decide what the best way to go about this is.
Thank youu:smile:)

You'll have to wait until next summer now :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Aizza

For AQA the deadline is 21st feb so still a few days, but the amount of time i would have to prepare isnt prefencial. What exam boards actually do the oct/nov series? It would work way better for me, having the summer to revise and all. How did you go about actually doing your alevels as a private student? Like what was the process for registering and actually being able to take your exam. Any advice would be really helpful since I honestly am so lost.

Registeration process :
Go to the British council website
Select take an exam
Select as a levels
Select registeration portal (link on top of deadline table)
Select sign up
Make an account
Repeat above steps and select log in
Register yourself (if your under 18 at time of registeration then make account of a adult or guardian and then choose register for someone else)

After registeration it takes two weeks for payment confirmation
Then comes the provincial statement of entry and before 2 weeks before the exam comes the final statement of entry and exam Centre details
You can watch videos online about how to register I myself am not very good at explaining processes sorry

Quick Reply

Latest