The Student Room Group

How to revise National 5 modern studies

i struggle to revise it and i want some différents perspectives
Reply 1
Hey, I now study higher mods and recieved an A at nat 5 and the best thing I done was make flashcards containing examples as |I found this was a good way to remember them and once you have an example the point and explainations should come from this. Also for skills questions the best thing is just to practise as boring as that can be.
Reply 2
Original post by iona.poppy
Hey, I now study higher mods and recieved an A at nat 5 and the best thing I done was make flashcards containing examples as |I found this was a good way to remember them and once you have an example the point and explainations should come from this. Also for skills questions the best thing is just to practise as boring as that can be.

thanks so much, should i do like point on one side then example on the other? i can never figure out how to make mods flash cards
Reply 3
My best advice, I received an A in N5 Modern Studies last year and predicted an A this year, do not waste your time with flash cards. Use the website achieve (if your school has it) and BBC Bitesize to write notes and do tons of past papers, aim to do a whole paper each week between now and the exam if you want to maximise your grade. This will help you determine the areas you struggle in and to use Bitesize or Achieve to fill the gaps.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ConnorRF
My best advice, I received an A in N5 Modern Studies last year and predicted an A this year, do not waste your time with flash cards. Use the website achieve (if your school has it) and BBC Bitesize to write notes and do tons of past papers, aim to do a whole paper each week between now and the exam if you want to maximise your grade. This will help you determine the areas you struggle in and to use Bitesize or Achieve to fill the gaps.

i have achieve but never really liked it
Reply 5
Original post by Ivy.Anderson
thanks so much, should i do like point on one side then example on the other? i can never figure out how to make mods flash cards
Sorry this is so late, but what I would do is get a question e.g the social and economic impacts of terrorism 6 marks (just an idea but any question works) and then put as many good examples as you can on the back. This should hopefully mean that when you get a question you will know the example and will be able to work out the point and explaination from this as you are really just explaining your example. Hope this helps but past paper especially for skills questions too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending