The Student Room Group

Changes to TSR Emojis - Vote to keep your favourite!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by secretmessages
Indeed

I think I added a couple, I forget which

Nice then
:eviltongue:
My attempt to save:

:xmas: and :penguin: and :penguinhug:

#needsmoreChristmas :smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
:bootyshake:

The best and ultimate emoji

(Aside from :ninjagirl: )
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi everyone,

We feel it’s important to offer a more up to date emoji library that resonates with the age of the audience that we are trying to continue to appeal to. To do this we have decided to implement a pre-existing emoji library into The Student Room.

We are also conscious that we want to be respectful and acknowledge the history of The Student Room, lean into our individuality and make sure that our established community have a tangible input and their say.

Trying to juggle all of the above is difficult, but we think we’ve come up with a solution. We would like to provide an alternative library of emojis to sit alongside our new library. This alternative library would have a reduced offering of the current TSR emoji library. We have used three main criteria to work out which ones we should remove:

1.) Is this emoji appropriate/relevant anymore
2.) Is the quality of this emoji up to standard ( is it blurry, hard to understand ect )
3.) How often is it currently used on the site

It's worth noting that to keep historic content with old emojis intact we will simply be removing the emoji's from the library list for now rather than stopping the BBcode working entirely.

We want to offer 150 emojis in this historic library. Below are 144 that we have agreed to keep:

Spoiler

That means we have 6 more spaces... which is where we would like you to come in.

Please use this thread to nominate your favourite TSR emoji that isn't in the list above. We will take these nominations and if there are more than 6 set up a voting system till we have our final 6.

Please keep your nominations 1 per user for now and please be aware we reserve the right to veto any nomation that we feel is inappropriate.

:elmo:
Original post by dinosaurchef
:elmo:

"resonates with the age of the audience"

what are you saying?

(also :bootyshake: )
Reply 26
Original post by Evil Homer
Hi everyone,

We feel it’s important to offer a more up to date emoji library that resonates with the age of the audience that we are trying to continue to appeal to. To do this we have decided to implement a pre-existing emoji library into The Student Room.

We are also conscious that we want to be respectful and acknowledge the history of The Student Room, lean into our individuality and make sure that our established community have a tangible input and their say.

Trying to juggle all of the above is difficult, but we think we’ve come up with a solution. We would like to provide an alternative library of emojis to sit alongside our new library. This alternative library would have a reduced offering of the current TSR emoji library. We have used three main criteria to work out which ones we should remove:

1.) Is this emoji appropriate/relevant anymore
2.) Is the quality of this emoji up to standard ( is it blurry, hard to understand ect )
3.) How often is it currently used on the site

It's worth noting that to keep historic content with old emojis intact we will simply be removing the emoji's from the library list for now rather than stopping the BBcode working entirely.

We want to offer 150 emojis in this historic library. Below are 144 that we have agreed to keep:

Spoiler

That means we have 6 more spaces... which is where we would like you to come in.

Please use this thread to nominate your favourite TSR emoji that isn't in the list above. We will take these nominations and if there are more than 6 set up a voting system till we have our final 6.

Please keep your nominations 1 per user for now and please be aware we reserve the right to veto any nomation that we feel is inappropriate.

my nomination: :loveduck:
Reply 27
:pee:
I second :loveduck:
Will keep this open for more suggestions till tomorrow at 5pm and then we can figure out elimination over the weekend 🙂
:sucks:

This must absolutely must be kept! It's a big shame about the emojis as this is one of the things that keeps me coming back to TSR.
Bump

(not the emoticon, that's already on the safe list - just a reminder there's less than an hour left!)
Given the number of juvenile delinquents here, I think this one should be kept
:naughty:
Morning folks! The winning emojis that will be kept are:

:loveduck:
:flip:
:pirateprincess:
:mob:
:rip:

These will be added to the list very soon :woo:
:bootyshake:

Outrageous
Original post by RainbowLapras
Morning folks! The winning emojis that will be kept are:

:loveduck:
:flip:
:pirateprincess:
:mob:
:rip:

These will be added to the list very soon :woo:
Unbelievable :naughty:
Morning, all! The voted for emojis have all been added now - any issues, please do let me know :biggrin:
Original post by RainbowLapras
Morning, all! The voted for emojis have all been added now - any issues, please do let me know :biggrin:
I can see them
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending