The Student Room Group

Deciding to on whether to stay in accomdation in foundation year or first year

I'm starting my first year on my 4 year course, foundation + 3 year BSc course, and I'm between going to accommodation on either the foundation year or the first year. This is because if I stay in accommodation in the foundation year, I'm not eligible to stay in the first year. Which year is a better experience to stay in accommodation, the foundation or first-year?

PS: Im about an 45 minutes from my unis, but I want to stay in accommodation to get the experience
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by AlexanderWill
I'm starting my first year on my 4 year course, foundation + 3 year BSc course, and I'm between going to accommodation on either the foundation year or the first year. This is because if I stay in accommodation in the foundation year, I'm not eligible to stay in the first year. Which year is a better experience to stay in accommodation, the foundation or first-year?

PS: Im about an 45 minutes from my unis, but I want to stay in accommodation to get the experience

Hi @AlexanderWill ,

I wouldn't say that it matters too much whether you stay in accommodation in your first or foundation year! In my first year halls I had 2 flatmates that were doing foundation years and it didn't make a difference! You will still probably be going out / doing all the same things you would in your first year so I would say go for it in your foundation year.

It also means that you may meet friends and want to live with them in your first year so you get the best of both worlds! I would also say that quite a few people do foundations years and if they have chosen a uni further away from their home town, they will have to stay in accommodation so you will meet more people in foundation years than you would think.

On the other hand, I would say if you decide to stay at home for your foundation year it will be equally as fun in halls in your first year. It also depends on things like how much your commute would cost and how many hours you will be in uni each week as this may impact your decision. Either way you will have a great experience!

I hope this helps,

Lucy - SHU student ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending