The Student Room Group

ADHD and geography a-level

hey guys, i have adhd and despite years of searching and trying revision techniques, none seem to work! anyone got any good adhd friendly geography revision techniques, or does anyone know of any AI programmes/apps that could help with revision? thanks
Hi,

I also have ADHD and found revision quite difficult in the past because of it. Do you know what type of learner you are (Visual, Auditory, Read/Write, and Kinaesthetic) ?

I have found that just reading notes or revision material doesn’t really help me. I will write down some questions linked to the revision area and then answer those. Sometimes watching TikTok revision videos can help as they don’t always feel like revision. As they are quite short I find that I am able to focus more than longer videos. Body doubling can also help. It’s where you do revision with someone else but you both do individual revision.

I hope this helps! Good luck with the revision.

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Original post by YSJstudents
Hi,

I also have ADHD and found revision quite difficult in the past because of it. Do you know what type of learner you are (Visual, Auditory, Read/Write, and Kinaesthetic) ?

I have found that just reading notes or revision material doesn’t really help me. I will write down some questions linked to the revision area and then answer those. Sometimes watching TikTok revision videos can help as they don’t always feel like revision. As they are quite short I find that I am able to focus more than longer videos. Body doubling can also help. It’s where you do revision with someone else but you both do individual revision.

I hope this helps! Good luck with the revision.

Suzan - Student Ambassador
If you don't learn from making notes then don't do them. Just do as many practice questions as possible. Even if you still use your notes to help with the practice questions it still makes it more likely to go into your memory.
Reply 3
hey I'm doing my geography a level this year and have pretty bad inattentive adhd, if you can get them meds do really help but if that's not possible I find seneca good, its a free revision website and it's the best thing I find to revise with!
Reply 4
I've found that revising with others helps me stay focused.
Horrendously messy notes - like colourful mind maps (highlighter everywhere/diff coloured pens etc!),
Pictures - make them odd
Associate case studies with documentaries/shows u watched ie. watch a show that's based in Nyiragongo while doing Nyiragongo revision
Have a really bad or just outright weird/scary show in the corner of your screen (forces you to focus on something else if you don't want to look at it)
Sit on the floor facing one completely bland wall - I know this sounds strange but this works exceptionally well for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending