The Student Room Group

A-Level French!

Hi, I plan on doing French Edexcel for both AS and A-level through ‘Distance learning center’ since I’m the only student at my school who wants to take it. I am kind of fluent in French and I’m currently finding GCSE quite easy, I am looking at getting a grade 8-9. Is it challenging to self teach? What do I need to buy and prepare? Do you recommend any other websites that teach French Edexcel?

Thank you!!!
Original post by bumpy-fox
Hi, I plan on doing French Edexcel for both AS and A-level through ‘Distance learning center’ since I’m the only student at my school who wants to take it. I am kind of fluent in French and I’m currently finding GCSE quite easy, I am looking at getting a grade 8-9. Is it challenging to self teach? What do I need to buy and prepare? Do you recommend any other websites that teach French Edexcel?

Thank you!!!
Hi, i'm in 1st year of uni doing French and somehow survived a-level

for me i feel like you could absolutelt do french a-level remotely:
-i'd recommend buying a good grammar textbook: they usually apply to most textbooks

also look at past papers and the tes website, that has loads of student & teacher examples of work

but the main thing for french is having as much contact with french speakers as possible - I don't know if this is something your school could help you with, or maybe you have family/friends who you could practice speaking with???

I would say it is fairly challenging to teach in terms of the essays, cause it can be hard to know what the examiners are looking for to give marks to0

Reply 2
Yeah I have family that I can communicate to in French, I will definitely try to use past papers and use the tes website.
Original post by bumpy-fox
Yeah I have family that I can communicate to in French, I will definitely try to use past papers and use the tes website.
yay that sounds good, honestly for a level anything that can improve your language skills will help

i literally watch netflix as revision lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending