The Student Room Group

Law with French Law at Oxford - Entrance Tests

Hi!
I’m aware that everyone applying for Oxford has to sit the LNAT, but I am a little confused about the French side of the test. The website says that at the time of interview there is an oral test but from anyone who has done this, are you asked questions about law or is it more of a level test to gauge your French Level at the time of application?
Reply 1
Original post by sixthformstress
Hi!
I’m aware that everyone applying for Oxford has to sit the LNAT, but I am a little confused about the French side of the test. The website says that at the time of interview there is an oral test but from anyone who has done this, are you asked questions about law or is it more of a level test to gauge your French Level at the time of application?

This isn't directly relevant to me currently, but Im looking at this course for the future. Did you ever find out? Also, how did you find french a level?
Hi!

Still taking French A-Level, just did my mock and the reading, listening and translation all went really well so I just have my literature and speaking mock left to do. At the beginning of the year it was really hard but it's been getting gradually easier and I'd say once you get the vocab/grammar down it's not too different from GCSE. You're always better in the exam year than the pre-exam year(s).

Interview wise I managed to find someone doing the course at UCL that interviewed at Oxford. He said he applied to Worcester (which was apparently a big mistake) and then got pooled to Jesus and also had an interview at St Hilda's. The French language part of the interview was just questions about his life and his interests/what he liked to do to confirm his French level see how his accent was etc, and was all very relaxed. Apparently unlike Oxford at UCL they don't give you French lessons so you basically have to be fluent so definitely check if that's the case when you apply to other uni's for the same course!!
Original post by freyaseal
This isn't directly relevant to me currently, but Im looking at this course for the future. Did you ever find out? Also, how did you find french a level?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending