The Student Room Group

BSc Business.

Are there any courses similar to the BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business) offered by the University of reading. I just about miss the English gcse requirements
Original post by Rose_99
Are there any courses similar to the BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business) offered by the University of reading. I just about miss the English gcse requirements

Why not retake your GCSE alongside you A levels so that you can apply for the course you want?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Why not retake your GCSE alongside you A levels so that you can apply for the course you want?

Well it cost 300 to retake the gcse as ive already acheived a grade C and I would need to wait until 2026 to apply as I've missed the deadline to retake any gcses. I might try calling the university during clearing
Original post by Rose_99
Well it cost 300 to retake the gcse as ive already acheived a grade C and I would need to wait until 2026 to apply as I've missed the deadline to retake any gcses. I might try calling the university during clearing

If you are close to the requirements, give Reading a call now and ask if it would be an automatic rejection or if they would consider your application.
Reply 4
If you don’t meet the GCSE requirements at Reading they will just not consider you. I emailed them regarding a maths grade for another course and they said unfortunately we would not be able to consider you so I have to resit as a result costing around 150 pounds.
Reply 5
Regarding suggestions although it moves away from business and management Computer science is probably the closest one that aligns with the technical side and the data analysis.
Reply 6
Original post by normaw
If you are close to the requirements, give Reading a call now and ask if it would be an automatic rejection or if they would consider your application.
I did speak to someone they just they may be able to consider gcse geography or history in place of English but they would need to look at my ucas application to confirm if they can consider me
Reply 7
Original post by Jwannan
Regarding suggestions although it moves away from business and management Computer science is probably the closest one that aligns with the technical side and the data analysis.
I'm not too sure if computer science would be for me
Reply 8
Original post by Rose_99
I'm not too sure if computer science would be for me

That’s completely understandable. Have you thought about another uni.
Reply 9
Reading looks great that’s why I have applied but there may be more suitable courses for yourself elsewhere.
Reply 10
Ideally I want to get into business or marketing not too sure if I want the creative side or analytical side yet so I'm trying to keep my options open

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending