The Student Room Group

Linklaters Pathfinders Scheme 2024

hi has anyone got any advice about this scheme? i have an interview for it next week and am wondering what kind of questions they ask / how much of it is situational based or ..?
Reply 1
Original post by ottilly
hi has anyone got any advice about this scheme? i have an interview for it next week and am wondering what kind of questions they ask / how much of it is situational based or ..?
when is your interview?
Reply 2
Original post by timmyfv3kq
when is your interview?
wednesday! r you interviewing?
Reply 3
Original post by ottilly
hii i think it will be motivation and competency-type questions. so I would say research the firm and recent deals, know exactly what you want out of the scheme, and be prepared to talk about your extracurriculars/skills inc those you outlined in the work experience section 🙂 good luck!!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by ottilly
Hi!

While I haven't done the interview myself, I could say that generally interviews will focus on your competencies, skills and motivations for the programme you are applying to/the firm. For competencies interview, try to write down the experiences you have had and what skills you drew from these. After that, practise talking about them to a friend or family member so that it feels natural for you to talk about them. For situational judgement questions, research what trainees do and what does Linklaters expect from them. I would say that you might come across questions such as "You submitted an email to opposing counsel including confidential information about your client. What would you do?". Lastly, for motivational questions make sure you link your interests to the firm back to you. If you are looking for more tips, I think that Commercial Law Academy had a course on this. Maybe that could help.
Original post by ottilly
wednesday! r you interviewing?
Mine was today, how did your interview go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending