The Student Room Group

What Music do you listen to? ♥

Scroll to see replies

I listen to Metal and Classical almost exclusively, however there are a broad range of subgenres I really like. Ranging from folk and viking metal, to death and black metal. Recently, a more palatable artist I've been listening to is Yngwie Malmsteen. He fuses metal/rock with 80's pop and also classical. He's incredible.
Fave songs atm:

"Like an angel" -Yngwie Malmsteen

"Drowner of worlds" - Seven Spires

"Overcompensate" - twenty øne piĺøts

"Oblivion" - Ov Sulfer

"Puritania" - Dimmu Borgir

"Black flames march" - Watain

Do you have any recommendations?
I listen to Kpop. My favorite groups are Stray Kids, Enhypen and TXT.
My favorite songs as of now:

Silent Cry -- Stray Kids

S-Class -- Stray Kids

Leave -- Stray Kids

Hall of Fame -- Stray Kids

Super Bowl -- Stray Kids

Cheese -- Stray Kids

Youtiful -- Stray Kids

Cover Me -- Stray Kids

Blue Hour -- TXT

0X1 = LOVESONG -- TXT ft. Seori

Y.O.Universe -- Vcha

Girls of the Year -- Vcha

Bouncy -- Ateez

Crazy Form -- Ateez

Can you tell which group is my favorite? Hahaha.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by What_Wait_A_Min
Hi guys!! I'm looking for some online friends around my age and what better ways to look for people than in Student Room (yipee!).
I mostly bond over music and other stuff.
So what music do you listen to? What artists? Maybe I'll have a listen to your favourite song! And if you feel comfortable with doing so, drop your age!
My interests:
I listen to a good variety:
- Soul/RnB/Old school
- Kpop/KRnB
- Opera (...)
- Drill/Rap
- Afrobeats/Amapiano (Cause I'm African...)
10 of my Main Artists atm:
- DEAN
- GEMINI
- Ethan Low
- Laufey
- Wave 2 Earth
- Jenevieve
- Alina Baraz
- No Guidnce
- BIBI
- youra

Hi!
Original post by sadfailure
I listen to Metal and Classical almost exclusively, however there are a broad range of subgenres I really like. Ranging from folk and viking metal, to death and black metal. Recently, a more palatable artist I've been listening to is Yngwie Malmsteen. He fuses metal/rock with 80's pop and also classical. He's incredible.
Fave songs atm:

"Like an angel" -Yngwie Malmsteen

"Drowner of worlds" - Seven Spires

"Overcompensate" - twenty øne piĺøts

"Oblivion" - Ov Sulfer

"Puritania" - Dimmu Borgir

"Black flames march" - Watain

Do you have any recommendations?

HI! would u like to be friends? im f14! I like songs by Sub Urban and Eminem, as well as a few other artists whose names I cannot remember rn
Reply 24
OOooo, can you give me some recommendations for some new wave and jazz music please.

It depends what you're looking for with jazz. I like a lot of the old Miles Davis type stuff, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Hancock (early), Mingus, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie.

The gypsy stuff in the vein of Django is all very enjoyable.

But I love fusion stuff, so people like John McLaughlin, Al DiMeoloa, Paco de Lucia's later stuff when he moved slightly out of flamenco, Billy Cobham,Pat Metheny, Allan Holdsworth.

I also like some more modern stuff like Andrzej Trzaskowski, Ezra Collective are fantastic, Jose James, Sarah Menescal, Xose Miguelez, Roy Marchbank (fusion and world, insane stuff).

In terms of New Wave, it's much more accessible I think. Bands like Talking Heads, XTC, New Order, Echo & the Bunnymen, Roxy Music, Sonic Youth, Talk Talk, Nick Cave, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, Human League, Soft Cell, Dexys, OMD, Flock of Seagulls, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode - there's a lot of this stuff I like a lot of the synth-charged type acts. Child of the 80s and all that.
Original post by gjd800
It depends what you're looking for with jazz. I like a lot of the old Miles Davis type stuff, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Hancock (early), Mingus, Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie.
The gypsy stuff in the vein of Django is all very enjoyable.
But I love fusion stuff, so people like John McLaughlin, Al DiMeoloa, Paco de Lucia's later stuff when he moved slightly out of flamenco, Billy Cobham,Pat Metheny, Allan Holdsworth.
I also like some more modern stuff like Andrzej Trzaskowski, Ezra Collective are fantastic, Jose James, Sarah Menescal, Xose Miguelez, Roy Marchbank (fusion and world, insane stuff).
In terms of New Wave, it's much more accessible I think. Bands like Talking Heads, XTC, New Order, Echo & the Bunnymen, Roxy Music, Sonic Youth, Talk Talk, Nick Cave, Duran Duran, Tears for Fears, Human League, Soft Cell, Dexys, OMD, Flock of Seagulls, Bauhaus, Depeche Mode - there's a lot of this stuff I like a lot of the synth-charged type acts. Child of the 80s and all that.

Thank you so much! I’m looking to explore more music and Jazz, fusion sounds good but I’m also interested in swing. I’ll have a listen to these though!
Original post by jewelhernandez09
HI! would u like to be friends? im f14! I like songs by Sub Urban and Eminem, as well as a few other artists whose names I cannot remember rn

Hiya! I like a few songs by Eminem and I used to be obsessed with Cradles by Sub Urban haha!
Hiya! I like a few songs by Eminem and I used to be obsessed with Cradles by Sub Urban haha!

NICE!!! Cradles was my obsession for months as well lol
Hi guys!! I'm looking for some online friends around my age and what better ways to look for people than in Student Room (yipee!).

So what music do you listen to? What artists? Maybe I'll have a listen to your favourite song! And if you feel comfortable with doing so, drop your age!

My interests:
- Soul/RnB/Old school
- Kpop/KRnB
- Opera (...)
- Drill/Rap

- DEAN
- GEMINI
- Ethan Low
- Laufey
- Wave 2 Earth
- Jenevieve
- Alina Baraz
- No Guidnce
- BIBI
- youra

I listen to a bit of everything really.
But my favourite singers/bands are:
*Shania Twain
* Mcfly
* Busted
* Maroon 5
*Kaiser chiefs

I quite like a few of his songs.
Mainly "when im gone" and "cleaning out my closer"
My interests:
- Soul/RnB/Old school
- Kpop/KRnB
- Opera (...)
- Drill/Rap
- DEAN
- GEMINI
- Ethan Low
- Laufey
- Wave 2 Earth
- Jenevieve
- Alina Baraz
- No Guidnce
- BIBI
- youra

Ooo I love your music taste!