The Student Room Group

I composed creativity.

I felt like writing a song. Please listen and give me a feedback. https://youtu.be/3dX5HNMxUlM
Reply 1
Original post by Hardest Job
I felt like writing a song. Please listen and give me a feedback. https://youtu.be/3dX5HNMxUlM

It is actually quite difficult to evaluate that when you just sort of hum it. Is there no way you can get some sort instrumental melody somewhere in the background, so that the tune comes out. Then some sortt of percussion - that you can do on a pc. Search for ways of autogenerating what you cannot make yourself, so that you get the tune out clearly. Then you find a great vocalist at some pub or online at upwork. Then you record it, make a constroversial music video on youtube, and in a flash you are on the billboard list and no longer a student :smile:

Anyway, I don't know how seriously you intended this. But playing around with some of the available tools might still be fun, no matter what you intended.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by michaelhw
It is actually quite difficult to evaluate that when you just sort of hum it. Is there no way you can get some sort instrumental melody somewhere in the background, so that the tune comes out. Then some sortt of percussion - that you can do on a pc. Search for ways of autogenerating what you cannot make yourself, so that you get the tune out clearly. Then you find a great vocalist at some pub or online at upwork. Then you record it, make a constroversial music video on youtube, and in a flash you are on the billboard list and no longer a student :smile:

Anyway, I don't know how seriously you intended this. But playing around with some of the available tools might still be fun, no matter what you intended.

I find good advice. Do you play an instrument? I have a dream if I could play in front of bunch of people. What's the most basic to do such thing?
Reply 3
Original post by Hardest Job
I find good advice. Do you play an instrument? I have a dream if I could play in front of bunch of people. What's the most basic to do such thing?

I do not play anything. If you want to learn, you must find a music teacher of some kind, eiher online or in some class. Learn the basics, notes etc. I listen to music, but cannot play myself.
Reply 4
Original post by michaelhw
I do not play anything. If you want to learn, you must find a music teacher of some kind, eiher online or in some class. Learn the basics, notes etc. I listen to music, but cannot play myself.

That's a go. Finding a music teacher isn't hard to do. It's acapella. Acapella is my own thing. Songs are free.
Reply 5
I've studied Music. Like, what's perfect 5th?
Reply 6
I'm thinking of a sound.

Quick Reply

Latest