The Student Room Group

AQA history coursework on Russia 1855-1964

I am currently in year 12 looking for books to read about tsarist and communist russia for my coursework. Does anyone have any recommendations for authors or books.
My question is whether people had more freedom under the tsars than the communists so books that focus on society and people would be the most useful.
Thank you
A really superstar answer will not try to argue definitely one way or the other but would suggest that it depends from whose perspective you are looking at it. You could also argue that it depends on exactly what period of communist rule you are looking at.
Original post by good.egg
I am currently in year 12 looking for books to read about tsarist and communist russia for my coursework. Does anyone have any recommendations for authors or books.
My question is whether people had more freedom under the tsars than the communists so books that focus on society and people would be the most useful.
Thank you
Im doing Russia 1855-1964 as my breadth study, here's a couple of historians to help get the ball rolling:

Orlando Figes

Robert Service

Derrick Murphy

Reply 3
Original post by erin11
Im doing Russia 1855-1964 as my breadth study, here's a couple of historians to help get the ball rolling:

Orlando Figes

Robert Service

Derrick Murphy

Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by good.egg
Thank you so much :smile:
not a problem, always happy to help!! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending