The Student Room Group

Images don’t always load

Problem Summary
Images don’t always load

Problem Details
When I try to see images on the post a picture you’ve taken thread I cannot see all of the images on Brave (I’ve finally updated the browser to the latest version) but I can see them mostly see them all on safari.

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5899218

Additional Information
Hi. I've checked the thread above on both iOS Safari and iOS Brave and the images on the pages I checked in that thread were loading for me. I'm testing on wifi though and not a mobile connection.
When you say the images don't load, are you seeing the "attachment not found" message or is there just a gap where the image should be?
Have you had this problem on other threads or just this one?
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Hi. I've checked the thread above on both iOS Safari and iOS Brave and the images on the pages I checked in that thread were loading for me. I'm testing on wifi though and not a mobile connection.
When you say the images don't load, are you seeing the "attachment not found" message or is there just a gap where the image should be?
Have you had this problem on other threads or just this one?

This is what I get:
IMG_1764.pngIMG_1765.pngIMG_1766.pngIMG_1767.png
Thanks for those, it helps to see it is both the old and the new thread pages that have the problem. The blue images where it says "image not found or was removed" are because whoever posted that image used another website to upload it so its not on TSR. Those ones will always display like that. For the others that are just showing the image name there are a few things we can try.

This link is one of the images from the last post. If you click it does it display an image?

Could you try turning off the brave shields (press the lion logo, toggle the switch off) then refresh the page and see if the images display?

If that doesn't work could you try viewing the thread page a new private tab and see if it shows the images there?

Are images showing on other thread pages or is it just the above thread? Presumably the images you posted show on this thread?
Thanks, sorry this is a lot of questions but I can't reproduce the issue so I'm having to guess a bit!
Thanks for those, it helps to see it is both the old and the new thread pages that have the problem. The blue images where it says "image not found or was removed" are because whoever posted that image used another website to upload it so its not on TSR. Those ones will always display like that. For the others that are just showing the image name there are a few things we can try.

This link is one of the images from the last post. If you click it does it display an image?

Could you try turning off the brave shields (press the lion logo, toggle the switch off) then refresh the page and see if the images display?

If that doesn't work could you try viewing the thread page a new private tab and see if it shows the images there?

Are images showing on other thread pages or is it just the above thread? Presumably the images you posted show on this thread?
Thanks, sorry this is a lot of questions but I can't reproduce the issue so I'm having to guess a bit!

It loads

Some of them seem to load when I do that

j

The images that I’ve posted on this thread do show up
Original post by Talkative Toad

It loads

Some of them seem to load when I do that

j

The images that I’ve posted on this thread do show up
Thanks for checking :smile: From what I've been able to find out online it might be a setting or problem in Brave causing it since its working on other threads and in other browsers. I know you said you updated Brave but the last thing I found on this check list here was to update brave again and see if that fixes it. Or reinstall the app perhaps but that might lose settings if you have customised anything.
Thanks for checking :smile: From what I've been able to find out online it might be a setting or problem in Brave causing it since its working on other threads and in other browsers. I know you said you updated Brave but the last thing I found on this check list here was to update brave again and see if that fixes it. Or reinstall the app perhaps but that might lose settings if you have customised anything.
I’m experiencing the issue on safari as well and I do have Brave updated.

Edit: and Edge Desktop.
(edited 1 month ago)
I’m experiencing the issue on safari as well and I do have Brave updated.

Edit: and Edge Desktop.
Sorry I misunderstood the extent. I will take another look and see if I can spot something else. Does the problem happen in private mode on all the browsers too?
Sorry I misunderstood the extent. I will take another look and see if I can spot something else. Does the problem happen in private mode on all the browsers too?

I’m not sure whether it happens in private mode or not.
I’m not sure whether it happens in private mode or not.
No worries, it would help if you can check when you have a minute. I asked someone else yesterday to try to reproduce the issue you are seeing and they weren't able to either so we must have something different to you. In brave you can open a private mode tab from the ... menu at the bottom then New Private tab.
Brave private tab.png

The other piece of info that would be useful is what version of iOS your phone uses (I'm guessing iPhone since you mention Safari). You can find this out from Settings->General->About.
iPhone About.png
No worries, it would help if you can check when you have a minute. I asked someone else yesterday to try to reproduce the issue you are seeing and they weren't able to either so we must have something different to you. In brave you can open a private mode tab from the ... menu at the bottom then New Private tab.
Brave private tab.png

The other piece of info that would be useful is what version of iOS your phone uses (I'm guessing iPhone since you mention Safari). You can find this out from Settings->General->About.
iPhone About.png

It works for me on private and I use iOS 16.4.1
It works for me on private and I use iOS 16.4.1
Thanks for checking! If they are working in private mode it seems likely that its something in the web browser. Do you have ad blockers installed on Safari or Edge? I think Brave blocks ads automatically but its odd that its only blocking some images on that thread specifically.
Thanks for checking! If they are working in private mode it seems likely that its something in the web browser. Do you have ad blockers installed on Safari or Edge? I think Brave blocks ads automatically but its odd that its only blocking some images on that thread specifically.

No adblock on Safari
(edited 1 month ago)
No adblock on Safari
I'm afraid we still haven't been able to replicate this issue using the same browser and device that you are. Given it seems only to be affecting some images on one thread and it is also working in private mode I'm not sure what else we can do to resolve the problem. If this does happen in other threads though please let us know and we can have another look.
No adblock on Safari
One last thing you could try is clearing the cache and cookies on Safari and seeing if that resolves the issue there at least. You can do this from Settings->Safari->Clear History and Website Data. If the issue doesn't happen in private mode then this often works.
Safari clear cookies.png
One last thing you could try is clearing the cache and cookies on Safari and seeing if that resolves the issue there at least. You can do this from Settings->Safari->Clear History and Website Data. If the issue doesn't happen in private mode then this often works.
Safari clear cookies.png

I'm afraid we still haven't been able to replicate this issue using the same browser and device that you are. Given it seems only to be affecting some images on one thread and it is also working in private mode I'm not sure what else we can do to resolve the problem. If this does happen in other threads though please let us know and we can have another look.

I might try that thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending