The Student Room Group

TSR Big Discussion: what are the big challenges facing our society?

What do you think are the biggest challenges facing our society?

Within D&CA we'd like to bring back the Big Discussion! This is something we've had before under different names, where we pose a challenge facing society, for example energy or housing, and ask TSR to discuss and come up with solutions.

I'd very much like to run some Big Discussions in 2024, especially as we build up to a general election, but I want ideas for relevant, interesting topics to discuss.

If there were one or two challenges you think face our society, our country in general or young people specifically, what would they be?
Original post by Saracen's Fez

What do you think are the biggest challenges facing our society?

Within D&CA we'd like to bring back the Big Discussion! This is something we've had before under different names, where we pose a challenge facing society, for example energy or housing, and ask TSR to discuss and come up with solutions.

I'd very much like to run some Big Discussions in 2024, especially as we build up to a general election, but I want ideas for relevant, interesting topics to discuss.

If there were one or two challenges you think face our society, our country in general or young people specifically, what would they be?
mental health.

Between 2017 and 2022, rates of probable mental disorder increased from around 1 in 8 young people aged 7-16 to more than 1 in 6. For those aged 17-19, rates increased from 1 in 10 to 1 in 4.

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/nhs-delivery-and-workforce/pressures/mental-health-pressures-data-analysis#:~:text=Between%202017%20and%202022%2C%20rates,10%20to%201%20in%204.
The extortionate price of a Freddo and why it indicates we are close to societal collapse.
mental health, cost of living !!!
Reply 4
4.63% increase per year
Quality of education
Cancer
Technology and privacy
Crime

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending