The Student Room Group

Ranking the top HCI courses in the UK

I've received offer letters from City University and Newcastle, and I'm awaiting a conditional offer from UCL. While I'm drawn to the modules offered at City University, I'm grappling with the fact that its ranking is lower compared to the other two Russell Group universities. This uncertainty leaves me unsure of how to proceed with my decision-making process.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Do you think most employers have a list of rankings pinned to their wall? Do only the very best graduates only come from top ranking (whatever they are) universities? Do you think employers are perhaps a bit more open minded and more interested in the individual rather than the colour of their tie? Do you think employers have had good experience of interviewing rubbish candidates from top universities?

Employers really don't care where you went. They care about what you know, what skills you have and who you are. They don't care where you went and in the favour of many newer universities are the fact they do gap years which are worth 1 million times more to you than a ceremony in a 1200 year old graduation hall as you gain experience. Teaching and facilities are often better in new purpose build universities whose lecturers aren't more interested in research.

Good luck and choose the university that is right for you, not what you perceive others might think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending