The Student Room Group

I missed out on girlhood

I feel like I missed out on female friendships and girlhood, I have social anxiety and depression which prevented me from forming proper friendships and the last time I had a sleepover was when I was a kid. I just yearn for a close knit female friendship group but now I’m 25 and I think I’ve missed the boat and won’t ever get to have that, just grieve something I could have had but didn’t because I was too socially inept.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I feel like I missed out on female friendships and girlhood, I have social anxiety and depression which prevented me from forming proper friendships and the last time I had a sleepover was when I was a kid. I just yearn for a close knit female friendship group but now I’m 25 and I think I’ve missed the boat and won’t ever get to have that, just grieve something I could have had but didn’t because I was too socially inept.
I just want to say, girlhood exists even throughout life! Being 25 is still young and you can find a close female friendship group! You haven't missed any chances and still striving for opportunities that can and will end up in front of you.
Don't blame your anxiety and depression as you are a strong individual who needed the time to consolidate and power through the hardships! Moreover, we're always here when you need a chat or support.

I wish you all the best and hope your girlhood will continue on happily! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest