The Student Room Group

Love triangle?

Gonna try keep it short
I've known a guy (lets call him guy 1) for about 2 years and we get along really well, basically best friends at this point. I'd say I have definitely developed really strong feelings for him. We've had a conversation about potentially becoming official but at this stage he's not ready due to some personal reasons, and out of respect I'd rather not push him into anything.
Then one of my friends introduced me to another guy (guy 2) and up to this post, we've been talking for around 3 weeks. Imo its far too fast and I've tried to communicate this with him but I can tell he wants to make it official asap. He's already visited me in person and is already planning the next trip.
Here's the problem. On paper, guy 2 is quite literally perfect. I know its probably still the honeymoon phase but there is nothing wrong about him. But there's definitely a dynamic where he likes me more than I like him.
Plus given the situation with guy 1, I don't think that within these 3 weeks I've had enough time to transition out of my feelings for him to even move onto guy 2. And yes, guy 2 knows about guy 1.
I don't want to lead guy 2 on, nor do I want to outright reject him but I'm just not feeling the sparks or the excitement of anything yet like I felt with guy 1 previously.
I guess its kinda a love triangle at the moment but I'm clueless on whether I should try with a guy that likes me more, or wait for a guy who I like more than he likes me.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Gonna try keep it short
I've known a guy (lets call him guy 1) for about 2 years and we get along really well, basically best friends at this point. I'd say I have definitely developed really strong feelings for him. We've had a conversation about potentially becoming official but at this stage he's not ready due to some personal reasons, and out of respect I'd rather not push him into anything.
Then one of my friends introduced me to another guy (guy 2) and up to this post, we've been talking for around 3 weeks. Imo its far too fast and I've tried to communicate this with him but I can tell he wants to make it official asap. He's already visited me in person and is already planning the next trip.
Here's the problem. On paper, guy 2 is quite literally perfect. I know its probably still the honeymoon phase but there is nothing wrong about him. But there's definitely a dynamic where he likes me more than I like him.
Plus given the situation with guy 1, I don't think that within these 3 weeks I've had enough time to transition out of my feelings for him to even move onto guy 2. And yes, guy 2 knows about guy 1.
I don't want to lead guy 2 on, nor do I want to outright reject him but I'm just not feeling the sparks or the excitement of anything yet like I felt with guy 1 previously.
I guess its kinda a love triangle at the moment but I'm clueless on whether I should try with a guy that likes me more, or wait for a guy who I like more than he likes me.
I guess it depends
But you seem to feel not loved enough buy man 1
So go to man 2 then
Reply 2
You've already been waiting 2 years for guy 1; how much longer will it be before he's ready?

What do you define as 'too fast' with guy 2? I met my now-boyfriend at work; we had our first (and second) dates 4 days after meeting and made it official after 3 months...
for guy 1, I don’t think you should wait for him. if he was the right person, he would’ve locked into a relationship with you by now. it seems like he doesn’t like you as much as you like him which is disheartening but I believe you deserve something more. don’t settle for friends smth like friends w benefits because he doesn’t seem to like the commitment aspect of a relationship whilst you do.

as for guy 2, even though he’s perfect on paper, you don’t seem to have feelings for him at all so there’s no point being in a relationship with him and “forcing” a connection. he isn’t “perfect” enough for you!

imo, don’t rush into a relationship for the sake of it, ditch both guys and wait for smth better.
Reply 4
Probably the fairest thing is to reject Guy 2, see what happens on Guy 1 and in the meanwhile look out for a Guy 3 that ticks all the boxes. The other pragmatic option is to commit to Guy 2. Who knows what will happen and Guy 1 might be a future option, but to be honest he might not and youve missed out on a good opportunity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending