The Student Room Group

Looking at a career change to Physiotherapy but my degree is unrelated

Hi there,

I graduated last year with first class honours in Drama. Due to there not being many opportunities within the industry I have been looking into changing careers. I am currently completing my level 3 in sports massage therapy and was wondering if that would be accepted on a Physiotherapy pre registration course or if it would be better to do an undergrad degree?
Original post by Cmoore7
Hi there,
I graduated last year with first class honours in Drama. Due to there not being many opportunities within the industry I have been looking into changing careers. I am currently completing my level 3 in sports massage therapy and was wondering if that would be accepted on a Physiotherapy pre registration course or if it would be better to do an undergrad degree?
It really depends on the entry requirements of the university offering the pre-reg course as they all differ. Some universities will ask for you to hold a degree in a relevant discipline, and some specify any degree but that you have a level 3 qualification in certain subjects (often science related). The majority will also ask that you have work experience in the relevant field too and can demonstrate you have a full understanding of the profession.
I would have a look at the different universities that offer the pre-reg to see what they are asking for and narrow your choices down to those that suit you :smile:
Original post by Cmoore7
Hi there,

Just to add to CCU's post, the NHS course finder is the best tool for searching for approved courses:

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/career-planning/course-finder

Also, have you also considered other AHP roles such as drama therapists and speech and language therapists?

https://www.england.nhs.uk/ahp/role/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending