The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan

Hi all, I just want to make sure I will be able to secure a maximum amount of maintenance loan. I am 31, will study MSc Physiotherapy course on Sept 2024, a healthcare professional course. I will apply both uni fees loan and maintenance loan. I am a UK National, havent had any student loan before and I have lived and work in the UK for 3 years.

As I am an independent student, I am assuming SLC will access my income on my bank statement but I wont be quitting my job until a few days before the course starts, as I will need to save money for my student spending, how will SLC approve my application then?

Thanks all.

Preston
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by plee08
Hi all, I just want to make sure I will be able to secure a maximum amount of maintenance loan. I am 31, will study MSc Physiotherapy course on Sept 2024, a healthcare professional course. I will apply both uni fees loan and maintenance loan. I am a UK National, havent had any student loan before and I have lived and work in the UK for 3 years.

As I am an independent student, I am assuming SLC will access my income on my bank statement but I wont be quitting my job until a few days before the course starts, as I will need to save money for my student spending, how will SLC approve my application then?

Thanks all.

Preston
Hi Preston,

When we assess your Maintenance Loan we don't take your own income into account at all, rest assured.

Are you living with a partner at the moment?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Original post by plee08

Thanks all.

Preston
Hi Preston,

When we assess your Maintenance Loan we don't take your own income into account at all, rest assured.

Are you living with a partner at the moment?

Thanks, Graeme

Hello Graeme,

I am living on my own.

Thanks.
Preston
Thank you, in this case you'll be entitled to maximum Maintenance Loan automatically, rest assured.

In case you didn't know, the 24/25 applications are expected to open this month and you can then apply online.

Thanks, Graeme
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thank you, in this case you'll be entitled to maximum Maintenance Loan automatically, rest assured.

In case you didn't know, the 24/25 applications are expected to open this month and you can then apply online.

Thanks, Graeme

Thats amazing and thanks for the quick reply!
No problem. If you have any further questions let us know 🙂

Thanks, Leah.
Reply 6
Original post by Leah SLC
No problem. If you have any further questions let us know 🙂

Thanks, Leah.

Hi Leah,

I have one more question. If I already have 2 degrees that are 100% self-funded but I decided to change my career to study MSc Physiotherapy.

The degrees are not directly related to professional health subject:
Bsc Accounting
Msc Sports Rehab

As there are no other way to become a Physiotherapist unless taking part of a degree university course, will I still be eligible?

Thanks.
Preston
Hi plee08,

As physiotherapy is an exception to standard previous study rules by being an AHP course you will be able to get funding to study from us even if you already hold a self-funded degree

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending