The Student Room Group

Struggling at work

At work I struggle to work with loud/talk active ego minded people. They're nice people but they think the whole world revolves around them.

I'm really struggling to find my voice, and I am quiet at times - I feel worthless and I'm treated unfairly because I'm not loud like my team. I always get threats by senior people that I could get the sack.

I've not been in my job for long but I feel like I would make a mistake by quitting.

what should I do
Original post by Anonymous #1
At work I struggle to work with loud/talk active ego minded people. They're nice people but they think the whole world revolves around them.
I'm really struggling to find my voice, and I am quiet at times - I feel worthless and I'm treated unfairly because I'm not loud like my team. I always get threats by senior people that I could get the sack.
I've not been in my job for long but I feel like I would make a mistake by quitting.
what should I do
wow, certainly some bright red flags right there.
I'd start looking for another job right now without hesitation. Don't quit until you get a written offer to work somewhere else, then submit your notice and move on. Mental health, or health in general, is far more important.

Quick Reply

Latest