The Student Room Group

Speed Camera Flash or Headlight Flash?

I was driving on the A45 towards Coventry and it was a 60 road, bear in mind I have a black box fitted and I was doing 98 kmh around 60 mph. On my Waze App I was doing about 56-57, there was a few cameras about but this one specifically wasn’t listed on waze, as I went passed it, a bright white flashed at me. I don’t understand I was doing the limit, am I just paranoid?

Could it have been a car light or maybe another driver..
Sometimes I often get confused and most of the time it is the lights of another car flashing you or they've gone over an uneven bit of road and it looks like they're flashing you. Were there any road signs that indicated that there was a reduced speed for roadworks or some other reason? If not, I wouldn't worry if you were doing the speed limit or below and in the unlikely case that it was a speed camera, they will notify you.
Reply 2
There wasn’t any road signs indicating this, it was in a very poorly lit area, a dual carriageway. it may have been the other side of the road causing it to reflect on my side but I’m not too sure I will update a reply in about 13 days. Thanks
if it was a poorly lit area then it is more than likely to be lights from a car on the opposite side
Original post by ha65
There wasn’t any road signs indicating this, it was in a very poorly lit area, a dual carriageway. it may have been the other side of the road causing it to reflect on my side but I’m not too sure I will update a reply in about 13 days. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending