The Student Room Group

Need Uni Recomendations (Comp Sci / Comp Eng)

I am currently on a gap year and am having trouble finding a good/ decent enough university to go to. I messed up on my a-levels and got C-D-D (I know its bad, i want help not judgement)

Are there any universities that are good / good enough and will take me for computer science or related courses with those grades?

Location does not matter, anywhere in the uk
CDD isnt going to get you onto a 'good' course - if it was 'good' it wouldnt need to accept those with grades that low.
a Year 0 Foundation might have been an option - but you have now probably left it too late for that.

So, you can either wait for Clearing and hope for a Uni that just wants bodies without any concern about grades, or swallow your pride and resit your A levels with the aim of applying somewhere sensible at the right time next year.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
CDD isnt going to get you onto a 'good' course - if it was 'good' it wouldnt need to accept those with grades that low.
a Year 0 Foundation might have been an option - but you have now probably left it too late for that.
So, you can either wait for Clearing and hope for a Uni that just wants bodies without any concern about grades, or swallow your pride and resit your A levels with the aim of applying somewhere sensible at the right time next year.
I still have 2 applications that I can send off for UCAS so it is not too late to apply for foundation year courses, i wouldnt mind doing that. Do you have any recomendations?
Original post by PoorGrades
I still have 2 applications that I can send off for UCAS so it is not too late to apply for foundation year courses, i wouldnt mind doing that. Do you have any recomendations?

Only if those Foundation courses are still accepting applications.
Many will have closed in January.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending